Valentino Clubhouse & Chat Thread

LL and frick&frack: I don't know what I'm going to to. I've been looking at eBay and there's a beautiful caramel catch I like. So maybe I'll buy it. It would be my first purchase online and my first pre-loved bag.

I have purchased all my Valentino online so far and it is not because we do not have stores that carry them... I like the rare and it works out that online on Bonanza is where the have them...

If you need help with this you can ask me anytime... I would be more than happy to help..

I have my eye on this beauty, that is on Bonanza now... The price is a bit much but normally the sellers on this site are honest and are willing to make a deal..

user215093_pic72304_1296585782_thumb[1].jpg

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/Epkin...NO_Leather_CATCH_Satchel_w_Pearls_Handbag_Bag

Last edited:
MGA and I can authenticate the new bags no problem. The older bags (like the ones CoachAddict fancies :P ) are out of my league. MGA can usually authenticate those too. But the REALLY old bags, may as well be from another designer all together! I know NOTHING of those.

Here's a question for you ladies... when you think of the quintessential Valentino bag, which one comes to mind? For me, it's a tie between the Rosier and the Petale totes.

i think the Petale totes. very feminine and detailed, and anyone can tell it's V at a glance

I have my eye on this beauty, that is on Bonanza now... The price is a bit much but normally the sellers on this site are honest and are willing to make a deal..

View attachment 1314308

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/Epkin...NO_Leather_CATCH_Satchel_w_Pearls_Handbag_Bag

i think this is amazing. looks very lux and detailed. hopefully you can get a better price!

COACH ADDICT: Thank you!!! If I need any help I'll tell you :biggrin:.

That Catch is just SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!! I saw it once, TDF (I think Beyonce had one in white with pearls and everything). I hope you get her.

Ohh and about authentications, it is a matter of knowing the brand really well and knowing the details. What they did and what they didn't, how they work. Construction, materials, overall-look, everything matters.

COACH ADDICT: Thank you!!! If I need any help I'll tell you :biggrin:.

That Catch is just SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!! I saw it once, TDF (I think Beyonce had one in white with pearls and everything). I hope you get her.

Ohh and about authentications, it is a matter of knowing the brand really well and knowing the details. What they did and what they didn't, how they work. Construction, materials, overall-look, everything matters.

MGA and I can authenticate the new bags no problem. The older bags (like the ones CoachAddict fancies :P ) are out of my league. MGA can usually authenticate those too. But the REALLY old bags, may as well be from another designer all together! I know NOTHING of those.

Oh thank you so much LL and MGA.. I have been prety lucky that I have learned about V pretty quickly thanks to Both of you guys and MGA's very speical threads...

Yes LL I do love the Old and Odd bags which will bring a new prespective to us V lovers...

I love the older bags too! There are so many designs I wish they would bring back. The Classic Histoire, Couture, Studded Satchel, Catch bags... you name it.

Now that I think about it, isn't it funny how they name bags sometimes?

I mean, Nuage for example, why they decided to name this bag after a cloud? And Histoire, why would anyone name a bag "history"? And catch... what's the catch? is there a catch? is it supposed to be a catchy bag?

At least some of them got a proper name, because most of the time poor bags get a generic one! :amuse: Can you imagine being named in a generic way? Ohh what those bags have to go through...:lol:

Last edited:
Thank you ladies! I'll let you know if I need help :smile:

I think I won't stop buying Valentino, just slow down a bit, after all those are my favorites. Maybe less Valentino and more from other brands, but never a full-stop on Valentino. ;)
^I have lots of brands, but valentino is definitely my favorite. no one can top their style & details IMO. :heart:

Here's a question for you ladies... when you think of the quintessential Valentino bag, which one comes to mind? For me, it's a tie between the Rosier and the Petale totes.
^I'd have to say histoire & catch come to mind for me first...although I don't own either one. my favorite thing about valentino are the roses & bows :love:

MANY come to mind. Depending on the leitmotif:
Flowers - Rosier
Bows - Nuage
Pleats - Maison
Ruffles - Vertigo Tote
Complicated leather techniques - Classic Histoire

I'd like to add the Catch, but for the last few seasons they didn't make it...

It's so hard to think about just one iconic bag when so many became a staple.

I'd say, from all the bags above, it's a tie between the Rosier and the Histoire (ohhh I want to say Nuage also). When you see those details, you can't help but to think VALENTINO.
^lol...we're thinking alike ;)

On that subject how are you other ladies authenticating the Valentino's you buy online??

I pretty much authenticate my own based on the details that I know, the bags I have, my experience buying on ebay, & the seller.

I love the older bags too!

mga-- I always thought catch was for "catch all" because the bag is such a great size. it's the first thing that came to my mind the first time I saw the name.

Now that I think about it, isn't it funny how they name bags sometimes?

I mean, Nuage for example, why they decided to name this bag after a cloud? And Histoire, why would anyone name a bag "history"? And catch... what's the catch? is there a catch? is it supposed to be a catchy bag?

At least some of them got a proper name, because most of the time poor bags get a generic one! :amuse: Can you imagine being named in a generic way? Ohh what those bags have to go through...:lol:

i would not want to be a Prada, some of them get names like P0423894 or something! i don't get why, they are so pretty but can't get names?

mga-- I always thought catch was for "catch all" because the bag is such a great size. it's the first thing that came to my mind the first time I saw the name.

Maybe, but the standard Catch is a medium-small bag. I think they just wanted to have some fun and named the catchy bag they just created, "Catch".

i would not want to be a Prada, some of them get names like P0423894 or something! i don't get why, they are so pretty but can't get names?

So funny! I wouldn't want to be a Prada either. Why some of these houses can't give proper names to their bags? I mean... come on! Just randomly google anything, something must come up. :amuse:

I love prada, & frankly, I'm relieved they don't have names. I never paid attention to bag names before tPF. I find it a major hassle to try to remember the names of all of my bags...not to mention shoes :wtf:

of course, valentino is so gorgeous & fairy tale-like...fun names are perfectly appropriate ;)