Valentino CLASSICS

yes1a2b

Nov 27, 2010
Hi ladies!

I'm usually a Chanel girl but lately have ventured over to Valentino :P Just out of curiosity...which styles are considered the classics?? I look forward to your replies!

Here are my "classics" in order. Keep in mind, I think Valentino really came into their own with handbags in the early/mid 2000s...

1. Histoire
2. Rosier
3. Petale
4. Nuage
5. Catch

Mithril: I really debated between the 360 and the Maison making my top 5. In the end I chose neither, but they are definitely still classics in my opinion! :P

I'm actually in love with the 360s but recently I'm not seeing them in stores anymore..are they discontinuing them? With Chanels, I usually stick to the classics because they never go out of style...I'm trying to figure out the Valentino classics that won't go out of style but am not seeing any of the mentioned styles in stores anymore..help!

I'm actually in love with the 360s but recently I'm not seeing them in stores anymore..are they discontinuing them? With Chanels, I usually stick to the classics because they never go out of style...I'm trying to figure out the Valentino classics that won't go out of style but am not seeing any of the mentioned styles in stores anymore..help!

Okay so here's a little cheat sheet for you. If you are only interested in buying new, here's what I can tell you off the top of my head:

Histoires - Just brought back for the FW 2011 season in a slightly different style. The classic Histoire is no longer available in stores, but a newer version is still available in department stores and online retailers.

Rosier - Still available in department stores, online retailers, and on Valentino.com. The newest version has freshwater pearls sewn into the center of the roses.

Petales - Still available in department stores, online retailers, and on Valentino.com in classic colors and the occassional luxe fabric.

Nuage - Still available in department stores, SOME online retailers and Valentino.com. As I mentioned in the clubhouse, Valentino will begin phasing this bag out in the next few seasons.

Catch - No longer available. I haven't seen it for sale since SS 2010.

360 - Available in coated canvas on Valentino.com only

Maison - A studded version was created for either SS 2010 or FW 2011, I cant remember which. A new version was made for SS 2010 called the "cinched Maison tote". Classic Maisons (no stud, original style) are no longer available.

Just want to add, in my opinion these bags don't go out of styles. The 360 is a hobo with a bow on the front. Though it may not be made anymore, it's still very stylish in my opinion.

Thank you so much for the cheat sheet...definitely very helpful! I'm very interested in the 360s still and the black and red patent ones on Valentino.com are not really my style. What do you think of purchasing used? How much should I pay for a used 360?

Thank you so much for the cheat sheet...definitely very helpful! I'm very interested in the 360s still and the black and red patent ones on Valentino.com are not really my style. What do you think of purchasing used? How much should I pay for a used 360?

Depends on which one you are eyeing. If you just want a plain leather one, I wouldn't pay more than $600 for a brand new one on eBay, I wouldn't pay more than $400 used in good condition. If you want a glitzy version (leopard, sequins, beaded, etc) they can easily run about $1K. You also have to be careful about what size you are getting. The medium and the large version look VERY similar in photos, so you have to look at the dimensions to be sure.

It's always my pleasure to help anyone interested in purchasing a Valentino! Let me know if you have any more questions. :biggrin:

Depends on which one you are eyeing. If you just want a plain leather one, I wouldn't pay more than $600 for a brand new one on eBay, I wouldn't pay more than $400 used in good condition. If you want a glitzy version (leopard, sequins, beaded, etc) they can easily run about $1K. You also have to be careful about what size you are getting. The medium and the large version look VERY similar in photos, so you have to look at the dimensions to be sure.

It's always my pleasure to help anyone interested in purchasing a Valentino! Let me know if you have any more questions. :biggrin:

I'm eyeballing these bags....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150668801686?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310343799894?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260752555109?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'm looking for the large version though...the dimensions are quite confusing...are these bags the medium or large version?

LL: I need help! I'm having a really hard time deciding between the medium or large 360s. Can you post pics of both?? Preferrably modeled on a person carried on both shoulders and arms??

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a pic like that. You might have better luck asking in the clubhouse if anyone has both sizes and if they have modeling pics of both. I've only ever owned the large 360 because the medium is way to small for me. I'm sorry I don't have it!