USPS Horror!!!

i don't want to cause unncessary alarm, but does the tracking information state that the item was delivered to your address on monday? i'm not familiar with usps tracking information and have heard stories about sellers giving fake tracking information that shows an item having been delivered but that's it (and in reality it's an old tracking number and no package was sent out at all). in either case, the seller should be working overtime to figure this out for you -- good luck!

but none of this PBP coverage talk matters (to you, the buyer) if the item does not have the PBP logo under the seller's info on the item auction page. Not all items are covered. The seller needs to be at a certain level and have a certain feedback.

I can't imagine anybody sending something of such value without insurance!??!?! I couldn't sleep if I did - Contact the seller, she must have purchased insurance. How much did you pay for shipping? Depending on your location, anything over $15.00 indicates insurance IMO.

Thank you for all the kind words ladies!

I did checked with my office mailroom and was told that there were no package for me :crybaby:. The people that works for my office mail services then told me a lot of horror stories they have encountered from USPS. I am so down. *sigh*

I sent a message to the seller and told her what's been going on and she did say that it is a $250+ worth of item and the package have a signature confirmation. That lifted my spirits up a lil bit. She said that she will call the usps and ask them who signed the package or whatever happened to it.

Thanks for the support as always and I will keep you all posted. *crossing fingers*

PS: What is a cc chargeback?

so sorry to hear about your ordeal. i hope the package will show up somehow. big hugs to you and make sure it keep us updated.

cc chargeback is a credit card chargeback meaning you are disputing the charge for whichever reasons. good luck sweetie.

I'm sorry... what a pain in the......

Most definitely it is on the seller to figure this out. In reading MANY ebay threads on here I have learned quite a bit of interesting things.

For example.... all of the ebay sellers that state in their auctions that if you(the buyer) do not pay for insurance than they(the seller) are not responsible for lost or damaged packages. Well guess what.... yes they are. I read where a buyer won a paypal dispute reg this issue. This is why ALL of my listings say insurance required, it's there to protect me(the seller) since I am the one shipping the package.

Good luck with this.:smile:

I don't see why the blame is on USPS. It's the seller's fault for not buying sig confirmation/insurance. Something that every seller should do to protect themselves from any sort of chargeback.

i think the seller is the one responsible. if the bag is $900 paypal REQUIRES that they send with signature confirmation for them to be covered under seller protection (I believe its anything over $200). If I were you i would immediatly file a claim, I don't believe the seller will be covered at all since: 1 - shipped to unconfirmed address and 2- no signature confirmation for an item over $200. I think you have some hope...

Thank you for all the kind words ladies!

I did checked with my office mailroom and was told that there were no package for me :crybaby:. The people that works for my office mail services then told me a lot of horror stories they have encountered from USPS. I am so down. *sigh*

I sent a message to the seller and told her what's been going on and she did say that it is a $250+ worth of item and the package have a signature confirmation. That lifted my spirits up a lil bit. She said that she will call the usps and ask them who signed the package or whatever happened to it.

Thanks for the support as always and I will keep you all posted. *crossing fingers*

PS: What is a cc chargeback?

Please don't panic just yet! The USPS delivery confirmation system is pretty lousy. The same thing happened to me recently and it was all because some dufus at the post office had scanned it incorrectly.