USPS EMS shipping/tracking to Australia, HELP~!

BB.. i've had this happen to me.. only to find out that it was sitting in customs the whole time, waiting to be assessed..Plus, u have to wait for customs to send you a letter requesting invoices and for forms to be filled out.. Try calling Aust post everyday, and they might be able to check if its been flagged by customs.

If it was marked at US$700, u may be over the custom limit of AU$900 - WHICH INCLUDES shipping fee.

For your sake, i hope not, coz it will take around 2 extra weeks for u to get your item.

If its been flagged, get Aust post to give you a customs ref number and call them yourself to get them to fax over the forms. Customs only send out the forms to fill out in batches so it might take a week before u even see those darn forms

PM me if u need help

YAY~~~~!!! Just got this from Australia Post website!!! Its cleared from the custom, and scheduled for delivery!!!!

Jul 19, 2007 15:0709 AUSTRALIA - MELBOURNE Scheduled for delivery.

Jul 19, 2007 14:5131 AUSTRALIA - MELBOURNE Received and awaiting clearance for delivery.

Jul 12, 2007 21:3900 UNITED STATES - USORDA Processed for despatch.

Jul 11, 2007 9:3900 UNITED STATES - 73072 Item lodged

Okay I just wanted to confirm that EMS shipments from the US to Australia ARE being held for DAYS before leaving the US.

I had an item which said

Arrived Abroad, July 22, 2007, 9:29 am, AUSTRALIA

International Dispatch, July 18, 2007, 4:06 pm, LOS ANGELES AMC

I find it hard to believe it takes 4 DAYS by plane to get to Australia!

Okay I just wanted to confirm that EMS shipments from the US to Australia ARE being held for DAYS before leaving the US.

I had an item which said

Arrived Abroad, July 22, 2007, 9:29 am, AUSTRALIA

International Dispatch, July 18, 2007, 4:06 pm, LOS ANGELES AMC

I find it hard to believe it takes 4 DAYS by plane to get to Australia!

Mine was worse....took 7 days:Push:!!

all express items mailed from US to aus for me have always taken at least 5 days.

where as normal air mail takes usually 7 days and the few times my sister and revolve have been sending air mail to me, they've taken 4 days.

i think it's a pity that EMS costs so much and yet we have to wait longer because of customs clearance. however, having watched 'border patrol' lately it seems worth the wait.

When I sent an item with EXPRESS COURIER international from Australia to the States, the buyer was charged $75 customs. I was told by EMS that they acted as the customs broker so I am quite confused that she was charged?