USPS EMS shipping/tracking to Australia, HELP~!

I have shipped quite a few packages abroad using this system. The times really vary. Sometimes it has taken 1 week, sometimes 3 weeks. Also the tracking info can take a while to get updated, depending on where the package is abroad and how long the receiving end takes to transmit the updates back to the USPS. I would not be alarmed but with customs, etc., it could be another week before you see the parcel. I am sure it will get there with no problems.

How strange that the last tracked place was in the US. Does that mean it never left?

That dispatch note shows it was dispatched out of O'Hare airport. They dispatch int'l packages at various points all over the US. Some go from San Francisco (SFO), some from NY (JFK airport) and some from other places. My guess is that it is just arriving in Australia now and some new tracking info will show up in a day or two.

PS: I have also had instances where the tracking info was not updated between the time it left the US dispatch point/airport and the time it was delivered to the receiving party. It can be really inconsistent- so don't worry. The main thing is that it LEFT the USA and is on it's way. :tup:

I have shipped quite a few packages abroad using this system. The times really vary. Sometimes it has taken 1 week, sometimes 3 weeks. Also the tracking info can take a while to get updated, depending on where the package is abroad and how long the receiving end takes to transmit the updates back to the USPS. I would not be alarmed but with customs, etc., it could be another week before you see the parcel. I am sure it will get there with no problems.

:wtf:1-3 weeks with Express Mail International?!?!

:wtf:1-3 weeks with Express Mail International?!?!

Yes, unfortunately... that's why I don't use it. Sometimes the regular Int'l Priority mail is faster and costs less!!

In fact, if you send stuff to the UK, for example, all the express mail shipments are contracted to an outside agency that is not the UK Post. The outside agency is awful and takes twice as long to get the packages out- and often force people to drive long distances to stations to pick them up.

I have sent things to France regular priority that took 1 week and as long as 3 weeks. The one that took 3 weeks I believe was delayed due to it being between Christmas and New Years, so the customs and La Poste authorities were short staffed at that time. Int'l express can't really be guaranteed because no one knows how backlogged customs will be in the individual country where the parcel is going.

Don't worry though, methinks you'll have a tracking update soon.

Yes, unfortunately... that's why I don't use it. Sometimes the regular Int'l Priority mail is faster and costs less!!

In fact, if you send stuff to the UK, for example, all the express mail shipments are contracted to an outside agency that is not the UK Post. The outside agency is awful and takes twice as long to get the packages out- and often force people to drive long distances to stations to pick them up.

I have sent things to France regular priority that took 1 week and as long as 3 weeks. The one that took 3 weeks I believe was delayed due to it being between Christmas and New Years, so the customs and La Poste authorities were short staffed at that time. Int'l express can't really be guaranteed because no one knows how backlogged customs will be in the individual country where the parcel is going.

Don't worry though, methinks you'll have a tracking update soon.

Thanks Roo~!!

I really hope it'll turn up soon!! I keep checking both USPS and AUS POST website like every 5 mins hoping to see some updates.:sad:

I have always had faith in EMS too - this is sad to hear.

I have something coming from the US right now too with Express Mail International - hopefully they will both hitch a ride together. :drinkup:

ooh... some of my USA sellers use EMS and it took 7-10 days only to arrive even for huge packages. I hope your item will arrive safely anyway, did you realize that you'll get charge by custom when it arrive there? I don't know custom rules there but here, although your seller delcarea amount below $50, used bag and as a gift but if there's insurance and for above $50, you might be able to get charge by custom...

ooh... some of my USA sellers use EMS and it took 7-10 days only to arrive even for huge packages. I hope your item will arrive safely anyway, did you realize that you'll get charge by custom when it arrive there? I don't know custom rules there but here, although your seller delcarea amount below $50, used bag and as a gift but if there's insurance and for above $50, you might be able to get charge by custom...
I think Australia has close to a $1000 tax free limit. I'm sure someone will be able to clarify. Sucks that Hollands is about 20 euro.

BBlue, I'm sure your bag is safely on her way. Please keep us updated!

:flowers:

Same! Here's for $50 :Push:

In italy the tax free limit is 45 Euro, around 50 Dollars... lucky others!! ;)
Usually my EMS packages from outside Europe show in the tracking only when and where they left the origin country and then the arrival into customs in italy. So everything in between is not tracked. At that point, it can take anything form 1 day to 3 months (I swear! I've seen it happening!!) to be out of customs with import duties and fees calculated.
So I would not worry for now!

Same! Here's for $50 :Push:
Hi,
I am an Australian living in the United States, and I reguarly (almost once a week) send packages home to my family and friends in Australia. I have send items ranging from 100-500 and they have never been charged with any custom fees. It's weird that they charge some people and not others.

No...I will only get charged if it exceeds AUD $1000. :yes: