Using LV in interior decor

SuzyZ said:
Not to offend anyone but I think it's all ghastly!! personal wear, no matter the designer, is not interior decor!
Ahhh, but that is the fun, personal and interior, the combination can be great. All my interior designer friends always try to put the individuals taste into their houses in a creative way, regardless of what it is, hunting, sailing, playboy collection (yup, she did it), so you get a sense of who lives there and the person living there can enjoy their favorite things. Hello,:shocked: we are on a handbag lovers forum, we probably spend enough on handbags to hire a personal decorator! :roflmfao: You got it? Show it! I saw how LV is made, believe me, a man taking canvas and thread and creating a perfect handbag with his own two hands is pretty close to sculpture IMO.

I just bought a suhali for my jewlery which I will only use as a jewel bag and on display in my sleeping room....but not in a vitrine or anything simmilar......that seems a lil tacky

LVaddict! said:
Ahhh, but that is the fun, personal and interior, the combination can be great. All my interior designer friends always try to put the individuals taste into their houses in a creative way, regardless of what it is, hunting, sailing, playboy collection (yup, she did it), so you get a sense of who lives there and the person living there can enjoy their favorite things. Hello,:shocked: we are on a handbag lovers forum, we probably spend enough on handbags to hire a personal decorator! :roflmfao: You got it? Show it! I saw how LV is made, believe me, a man taking canvas and thread and creating a perfect handbag with his own two hands is pretty close to sculpture IMO.
I get your point and my apartment completely reflects me. I have a music collection, 5 book cases full of books and family photos, posters and art from all my travels etc. A stranger would know me in 5 minutes - but I take issue with placing handbags on display - They reflect my taste when I'm out and about.

SuzyZ said:
I get your point and my apartment completely reflects me. I have a music collection, 5 book cases full of books and family photos, posters and art from all my travels etc. A stranger would know me in 5 minutes - but I take issue with placing handbags on display - They reflect my taste when I'm out and about.
Sounds like you have lovely surroundings. But for me, when I spend 1600 UK pounds on a bag, it's going into pride of place:P I am an a total LV addict, sad but true, it's all for me and I don't want to wait to go outside to enjoy my goodies.