Using Clearblue Fertility Monitor as Birth Control?

1. I have been on various versions of the pill for 10 years now. My husband and I are at an age and place in our lives where it wouldn't be a disaster for us to get pregnant, and I am really wanting to get off the BC pills and try something more natural. I don't think the IUD is a good option for me right now because I probably want to have kids in the next 5 years, and I have not yet had any.

Does anyone have any experience with trying this? I've been reading reviews on Amazon, and people there seem pretty happy with its performance in terms of getting pregnant, but there isn't anything that I've come across about using it for nefarious purposes ;).

Any thoughts?

2. Well, I would definitely say that it would end up with you getting pregnant. Here's why (sorry if you know this already, but I want to make sure I explain myself properly):
    When your Clearblue or other thingy tells you you're fertile, you are going to ovulate that day. But the thing is, you can have sex up to 5 days before you ovulate and still get pregnant. Sperm can survive in a supportive environment for up to 5 days, and your monitor will only tell you the day that you're actually ovulating. So unless you use the monitor to estimate when it might be safe to start having sex that month (i.e., wait for about 3-4 days after you've ovulated and then stop having sex once your period is waning), I can't see how it could work.

3. Actually, it tells you specifically on the package that it is NOT to be used as a means to prevent pregnancy. You know you can have an IUD removed and conceive within days if you wanted to, right? You don't have to leave it in all 5 years :yes: