Used handbags...

i'm a fans of used bags :P
i don't have lots of money but wanted lots of bags. so i prefer to buy a used bag so i can save my money to buy another bag. so far i only have one new designer bags, others are previously owned.

I will not buy uised clothes or shoes -- especially shoes! -- but I visit the used bookstore every week.

I have not ever bought a used handbag, but I would if I came across one that I wanted.

I get so totally skeeved at the idea of wearing someone else's shoes, just typing about it is making me sick to my stomach.

My BF is worse, he gets grossed out at the thought of buying anything used except for books, car parts and computer stuff and every single time his mother visits (or he visits them) she buys him used clothes and shoes and puts them in his stuff telling him that they are his things that he forgot to pack last time he visited:sad:

I don't have a problem w/ pre-owned handbags - as long as they aren't too used :yes:

Pre-owned is one thing, used is another. As was mentioned before, lots of women have bags in their closets that may be a few years old, but never used. I've bought pre-owned UNused bags before. No prob. But a USED bag, nope. :yucky:

I am super type A about so many things but have gotten over it on handbags. I've been able to purchase many things that I could otherwise have not afforded or not found. I do try & purchase from reliable sources (Jill's consignment, certain eBay sellers) and will not go for a bag that's too ratty. In fact, I just got a Tom Ford Gucci Snake Head bag from 2004, gently used, but pretty much a collectors item. For stuff like this, I compromise my type A inclinations.

I will buy a very lightly used more expensive handbag but only if it's in near-perfect, almost unused condition. If I can get a $1,000 bag for 25% off slightly used, I'm happy. I'll only buy a cheaper bag if it is BRAND NEW and never used and I can't get it new anymore.

I've bought a few bags this way and have been very happy with them. I DO clean them up super-super good though and won't even use them for awhile after that! I know it's probably silly, but if any "cooties" are left on it, I think they'll be gone a couple weeks after I have cleaned it. :P

On cars, same thing! I'm happy with a used car, couple of years old, low mileage. I just bought my mom's 3 year old Lexus and it is gorgeous!!

Clothing and shoes -- gotta have new!

It doesn't bother me in the least, as I typically love vintage things to weave into my outfits. However, I always buy new everyday bags because I'm afraid that the twenty pounds or whatever I haul around daily would be to much for something older. Sometimes I even buy vintage shoes, but those have to look perfectly unworn.