Us Magazine's Who Took Over in '06

1. The Blonde 'It' Girl
    2005: Kristin Cavallari
    NOW! Hayden Panettiere

The Stick-Figure Star
    2005: Lindsay Lohan
    NOW! Kate Bosworth

The New Ashlee
    "I felt like my nose was big," Simpson said in 2005. "I was always going to get a nose job. And I'm so glad I didn't . . . It has character."

In April, Simpson - who has never confirmed whether she went under the knife - showed off a streamlined snout, a softer jaw line and fuller lips.

The Power Shifts to Katie
    Tom Cruise's silent partner in '05, Holmes rallied back in '06 with a new smile and stunning style makeover.

Brangelina vs. Vaughiston
    January 11: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt announce they're expecting a baby. Shortly before the news breaks, they change the last names of Jolie's adopted children, Maddox and Zahara, to Jolie-Pitt.

May 27: Jolie welcomes baby Shiloh as hype builds for Break-Up costars Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn, who won't confirm they're dating despite being photographed kissing.

August: Us reports thatt, while on vacation in Mexico, Vaughn proposed on June 27.

September: Us reports that Vaughn and Aniston have called it quits.

October 12: Aniston goes on The Oprah Winfrey Show to deny reports that she and Vaughn have split. When asked if they've parted ways, Aniston replies, "No, no."

The Hot Adopted Tot
    2005: Zahara Jolie-Pitt
    NOW! Madonna's son David

The Angry Aussie
    2005: Russell Crowe was busted for assaulting a hotel clerk.
    NOW! Mel Gibson was arrested for DUI and hurled anti-Semitic slurs.
  2. From Enemies to Frenemies
    Paris and Nicole
    Charlie and Denise
    Brooke and Tom

The Hottest Hunks

Best British Import
    2005: Clive Owen
    NOW! Daniel Craig

Best-Looking Scruff
    2005: Josh Holloway
    NOW! Matthew McConaughey

Best Male Mane