Urgent Ebay Sellers Read Me!******

1. I am a power seller and eBay is having a RED ALERT! There is a major BUG with re-listing items that you have not sold. I tried to re-list one and it asked for credit card information before I could re-list. It will not let you re-list unless you enter the information.

THIS IS A SCAM! DO NOT RELIST UNTIL THE BUG IS CAUGHT.

I spoke dirctly with eBay regarding this a few minutes ago.

eBay requests that you wait until the bug is caught and no longer asks for your CC information.

Also~ it asks you to create a new account~ do not do it.

~Ghost

2. Thanks for the tip!

3. :wtf: Thanks for the info! Very scary! :cursing:

4. Whatttt....I got a notice today while at work when i tried to sign in. I'm SO glad I didn't do it!!!!!!

It said that they tried to charge my card for my fee's, but it declined and asked me to provide a card right away.

I was at work and didn't have time to do it, so I'm glad I didn't.

Whew!!

5. actually, i think my problem was more with the last thread!

6. I couldn't understand why ebay would be asking me for a cc? So~ I called and the representative stated and I quote "We are on RED ALERT" as to this scam. Scared the crap out of me:wtf:...in the meantime I cannot re-list any items, and they are not sure how long it will take to catch the bug.

7. Thanks for the warning! holy cow!:nuts:

8. Wait, does this affect the earlier fees mishap too? All the credit card not charged notices? I logged into paypal and paid that through the "Sellers" page - was that a hack too?

9. Sheesh. I can't recall if I relisted anything with that situation. However, somehow someone got my cc info and charged up a storm at Bed, Bath & Beyond. $1300+! Who charges $1300 at BBB at one clip? I am wondering if this was connected to my ebay selling. It happened Friday, and I think I did relist something. Oh fab.

10. Van~^^^ I am not sure what you are talking about...you mean with seller fees?

11. wow, thanks for the warning.....

12. Thanks for the heads up! Keep us posted.

13. wow, there is a lot of crummy stuff going on with ebay and pay pal lately! Sorry to hear you guys are affected!

14. thanks for the warning!

15. Sheesh, so THAT'S what that was. I saw that earlier and was thinking I paid my fees already...it wouldn't even let me relist.