Urban Outfitters...are they any good?

1. Has anyone ever purchased any handbags from Urban Outfitters? I do not live close to one but I saw this online and wish to see it in person. :sad: If any of you pass one, can you please let me know if this bag is any good? I like the color but I am a fan for touch. I need to know if it soft or really cheap-feeling. I know I'm asking to much for this to be similar to the feel of a Balenciaga. :nuts: WAIT A MINUTE???? Is this a copy/fake of a Balenciaga?!?!?

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=30567&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=77&iSubCat=120&iProductID=30567

p349829c.jpg
  2. Urban Outfitters is a great store. Can't wait to see who else responds to you - this looks like a great bag!

3. UO does a lot of "inspired by" bags. Good for trying out a trendy bag when you don't want to commit to the price. They never actually name the designer they're copying, of course. I haven't seen that bag in person. I do love their clothes.

4. It's a nice way to get something similar without buying a fake, I love UO and the clothing as well.

5. They're owned by Anthropologie, which also owns free people. They knock off cool stuff at a great price point- that what they do best. I wouldnt expect anything great in terms of quality but for one season, "throw away" fashion it's great.

6. I like many of Urban Outfitters' and Anthropologie's products, but I no longer buy from these stores because I have learned that the owner supports values that are inconsistent with mine. He was a substantial donor to former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum, who is anti-evolution and who promotes hate toward gays and lesbians.

More here: http://citizenship.typepad.com/isebrandcom/2006/10/okay_its_time_t.html and here: http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/view.php?id=5725&highlight=hayne.

Further, the Anti-Defamation League has repeatedly condemned Urban Outfitters: http://www.adl.org/PresRele/DiRaB_41/4890_41.htm.

7. i bought a bag from urban outfitters about a month ago...i kid you not after using it ONCE the bottom edges of the bag started to look worn down and one corner was even tearing. i didn't even put it on the floor!! also the bag is silver and the silver on the handle where i was holding the bag rubbed off...it was soo cheap. i am SO angry...it was a $50 waste.

8. lwatson13, did you try to return it?

9. I'd say their inspired bags use cheap leather, or faux leather, whatever it is, as cute as the purse may be, or however great the price point, I don't think it's really worth giving into for any leather-like one from UO. There's plenty of aspiring designers that make quality ones that are more worth it.

However, if you do like UO's clothes, look up and see if Heritage 1981 is near you, cause a lot of their clothes are the exact same as what I've gotten at Urban, but for half the price!

10. I think that the bags are pretty cute for the price, and agree that they are good for "trend" bags that you can wear for that season.

I wouldn't expect them to last long beyond a season or two, as they are made of imitation leather and are imported. However, it can also depend on the bag, as I have one tote from them that I love that has lasted about 3 years now and is still in great shape.

11. thisismypurse, unfortunately it was a final sale. i don't know if they knew it was so cheap or not...but it was horrible!!

12. THANK YOU ALL for responding. I'm still indecisive. I never buy anything online. I'll let this weekend pass before I make my decision. Thanks for your help.

13. I saw the bag last night IRL and its very cute.. It is pretty good quality too.. many Urban Outfitter bags are pleather but this one is not. They have a very good return policy should you get it and not be happy..
    Good luck

14. i bought a suede bag from urbanoutfitters last year. the shipping took 3 weeks! and after i wore the bag no more than 5 times, the strap broke off the bag - definitely not good quality imo).

i did end up buying another faux-leather tote instores. that one lasted a lot longer than the suede one. it did eventually get dirty and all scratched up though from use.

15. I actually got the blue version of this bag... the quality is not bad for the price... (suede and leather). The material is a bit thin and the zipper is stiff at first. Here are a couple pics of different ways I am wearing it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]