Updated - Another defective Dior bag…my brand new overseas purchase is broken, but I’m now back in the US - advice greatly appreciated.

I'm glad that they are replacing your bag for you. They could have done without telling you that it is such a huge accommodation, since all that would serve is make the experience less pleasant, not more. Nonetheless, it is nice that they are replacing a bag that was purchased overseas. Some brands don't offer to do this, so this is evidence of good after sales service.

Thank you averagejoe. I‘m very grateful for the replacement, but yes, the comment was completely unnecessary. Without her saying anything, I‘d already recognized, and appreciated that a concession was being made. However, when making ”luxury” purchases, I do hope for higher levels of service, and I do expect a company to make right a terrible wrong.
What convinced me to go back to Dior for a second bag was the excellent customer service I’d received in Paris, when the SA exchanged - on the spot - my defective lady Dior, after owning it for two months. So to your point, I guess they do have a good record of positive after sales customer service…they just need to work on their bedside manner, and get to the right answer a bit faster (ie, especially in regards to TraceySH’s caro)!

This is really true. I think it costs them less to please the few clients who encounter issues than the produce the bags with higher standards.

This can hurt them in the long run. It can erode trust in the quality of the product. I assume most customers would rather receive a long-lasting quality product than great after-sales service to make up for poor craftsmanship.

1000%

Reactions: averagejoe
ETA: given the issues you and many TPFers have had with dior bags, I would think hard before buying a dior bag, and I am not sure that I would have confidence in a replacement. As early as 1990, I did have to have hardware replaced in a chanel bag at least five times (almost every time I wore it) so I don’t think this is unique to dior. It’s just very sad given the prices.
I’ve been buying Dior bags for a number of years and have rarely had issues with their bags. However, when I’ve had issues, the issue seems to run through an entire batch of bags. I was looking at a 30 Montaigne in one color. The bag’s center strap was off center by about an eighth of an inch. My SA brought out another one. Same problem. She then brought out every single one they had in that color and all but one had the same problem. They had all arrived in the same shipment. The same bag style in other colors were all fine so the problem was limited to that specific color in a specific size. This was pre-COVID when bag inventories were not constrained by supply chain issues and labor shortages. I had another issue with a Lady Dior right after the COVID lockdown was lifted in 2020. I wasn’t willing to go in store shopping yet so my SA and I were texting about possible bags. I purchased a Lady Dior by phone and it was shipped to me. I inspected it as soon as I received it and noticed the dye was completely missing from a section of the bag. I texted a picture of the defect to my SA who immediately told me to send the bag back and Dior would send me a replacement. A few weeks later my replacement arrived with the exact same defect in the same spot. My SA immediately offered to send another replacement but I refused and requested a refund instead. They refunded my purchase right away. Knock on wood, I have had no other issues with my Dior bags. I just thought it was strange that the exact same defect seemed to repeat in specific batches. I’ve been very happy with Dior CS over the years but have never had to deal with cross border returns.
Sorry that you had such a bad experience, nycgirl79. I’m glad Dior did finally rectify the situation.

I’ve been buying Dior bags for a number of years and have rarely had issues with their bags. However, when I’ve had issues, the issue seems to run through an entire batch of bags. I was looking at a 30 Montaigne in one color. The bag’s center strap was off center by about an eighth of an inch. My SA brought out another one. Same problem. She then brought out every single one they had in that color and all but one had the same problem. They had all arrived in the same shipment. The same bag style in other colors were all fine so the problem was limited to that specific color in a specific size. This was pre-COVID when bag inventories were not constrained by supply chain issues and labor shortages. I had another issue with a Lady Dior right after the COVID lockdown was lifted in 2020. I wasn’t willing to go in store shopping yet so my SA and I were texting about possible bags. I purchased a Lady Dior by phone and it was shipped to me. I inspected it as soon as I received it and noticed the dye was completely missing from a section of the bag. I texted a picture of the defect to my SA who immediately told me to send the bag back and Dior would send me a replacement. A few weeks later my replacement arrived with the exact same defect in the same spot. My SA immediately offered to send another replacement but I refused and requested a refund instead. They refunded my purchase right away. Knock on wood, I have had no other issues with my Dior bags. I just thought it was strange that the exact same defect seemed to repeat in specific batches. I’ve been very happy with Dior CS over the years but have never had to deal with cross border returns.
Sorry that you had such a bad experience, nycgirl79. I’m glad Dior did finally rectify the situation.

Wow! That’s so interesting - the issues that you described are clearly manufacturing defects. I would hope that after noticing multiple bags with the same issues, that CS notified the quality control department! How luxury items can slip through QC without anyone noticing is ridiculous. It’s good to hear that overall you’ve not had many issues with your Dior bags…I just hope that newer bags are as hearty as their predecessors….

Reactions: DoggieBags
I just wanted to thank everyone who weighed in with their personal experiences, advice, and for the moral support. I went into the Boston boutique today, and was able to exchange my defective caro for a brand new one. I’m hoping that this will be the last time I purchase/receive a defective bag from Dior, and I wish the same for everyone on this forum. Thank you again, I am extremely grateful to be able to voice my frustrations to people who can understand, and offer so much valuable advice.

I bought bag like this on vestiarie collective. They checked the bag before sending. I got a beautiful new bag but after one month of wearing the same issue like your, the screw fell off and I cant put a chain. Now I reached to Dior and they ask me for the bill, but the girl who sold me did not send it. She said she asked them for invoice, but still nothing, said Dior is not replying to her. And now I dont know what to do. Dior asks for the bill, I have a broken bag which cost a fortune.. can somebody help me?

I bought bag like this on vestiarie collective. They checked the bag before sending. I got a beautiful new bag but after one month of wearing the same issue like your, the screw fell off and I cant put a chain. Now I reached to Dior and they ask me for the bill, but the girl who sold me did not send it. She said she asked them for invoice, but still nothing, said Dior is not replying to her. And now I dont know what to do. Dior asks for the bill, I have a broken bag which cost a fortune.. can somebody help me?

Ugh! I’m sorry you’re having issues with your bag - it’s incredibly frustrating to spend so much on an item, only to have this happen after a month. I’m surprised that the original owner is having trouble getting a copy of her receipt from Dior. I would think that any SA/customer service rep would be able to pull up her account/purchase history…something seems a little off there. If she purchased the bag in a boutique, I would suggest she try getting in touch with the SA that sold her the bag, and ask them for a copy of the receipt.

While I’m not familiar with Vestiare Collective, I’m guessing that after a month of using the bag, there’s not much that their customer service can do. Are you anywhere near a Dior boutique? If so, I would recommend just going in with the bag, and see what they have to say. I would hope that they would be able to fix the bag, especially if it’s as simple as just replacing a screw. If that doesn’t work, or isn’t an option, I’m not sure….maybe a third party service? Years ago, the end tab (no idea what you call that!) on the zipper of one of my bags needed replacing, and I took it to a local bag repair shop. Not ideal, especially for a designer bag, but at least you’ll be able to use it. Hopefully another member more familiar with Dior repairs will chime in! Good luck!

Reactions: averagejoe
I agree with @nycgirl79. Bring the bag to the Dior store for an assessment. They don't always need a receipt for repairs.

Reactions: nycgirl79