Update on Hurricane Wilma & my Family

1. Well, the hurricane was worse than expected. I have only gotten in touch with my family today while the eye of the storm was over the house. At that time they had only been through half ot it, and there was already a bit of damage. A huge oak tree fell into my parents side of the house, causing a hole in the roof and a lot of water coming into the house. Then the telephone wires and other wires went down and detached from the house (we had direct connection from the wires to our house). Our house is on a huge lot with many trees, all which fell. The front of the house which is held up by pillars may fall over- since the pillars flew out- yea I don't know how that happens. Our back porch got pretty much ripped off and then other parts of the roof flew off. That was half way through the storm. Good thing my parents put up the hurrican shutters.

Because the phone services are so messed up, I haven't been able to get a hold of them in a while. I know they are fine, but it is upsetting. My family went though a huge loss to Hurricane Andrew back in '92, so this hits too close to home. I hope all of you keep my family and the rest of South Florida in your thoughts. I will keep you all updated. If any of you had friends or family (or you are) located in the path of the storm, I hope you are ok.

Things may be slow around here for a while, but I will be thinkin' bout all of you! Take care.

2. I am so sorry to hear about the damage to your family's home, but I am glad they are all right! I heard there was extensive damage in Broward County.

I wish you and your family the best, and I hope you get in touch with them soon.