UPDATE: My car is ruined but im alive

I am happy to hear that you are OK and it is a wise decision to get another car that will make you feel safe driving it. The pictures you posted before and now are horrible, very scary to look at. I personally think that the Drivers License Bureau should do something to test these older drivers. From living in Florida where so many older people retire every week you read about older drivers crashing in to buildings and it was common for them to go in the lagoons/waterways.
I hope you are able to get in to a car again and not be too scared. I am sure it will take some time for you to feel good about driving but remember it was not caused by you and your driving was good for you to avoid that driver.....
Hugs.

^ Absolutely!! One of my grandmothers is STILL driving (rarely, but it happens) and she is starting to lose her mind (literally!!) ... it's so dangerous... I don't have a problem with elders driving, but they should really get tested every once in a while so they are not becoming a danger for themselves and others on the road.

Back on topic, I can't believe how badly your car is damaged! Ouch :wtf: There was definitely a guardian angel looking out for you that day :flowers: It's such a relief to know that you have come out of this alive and well :smile: And I'm glad you're getting a new car that will make you feel safe and that you will enjoy driving!!! :nuts:

Glad you're okay! I was in a bad car accident 8 1/2 years ago and I'm still scared to drive on the interstate, which is where my wreck happened. My friends tell me the reason I'm such a scardy is because I flat out refused to drive at all for two years after my wreck. Don't do that - get back in there and drive in your nice, new, safe car.

SO GLAD you are OK.

I, too, totaled a car a few years ago...the driver was a VERY old man and the accident was deemed to be completely his fault.

It is SUCH a scary experience.

On a lighter note, what color did u order your new Bimmer in?!?! :smile:

Im interested in getting a metallic black 335i coupe aswell! was the car which was involved in the accident a 335i and your just buying another one? or did you have a diff series bmw and are now getting a 335i?

I havent seen many around here (bay area, ca) maybe a handful of 335i coupes. They are gorgeous cars!