**UPDATE** Had my Orientation at the animal shelter!!!

1. Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to follow-up to my story of volunteering at the no kill shelter in my community. I had my orientation yesterday and it went awesome!! I am soooo excited, the people are amazing and the animals are incredible. I start there on Saturday from 3-6 and then every Monday and Thursday. The only thing I am nervous about is getting to attached to the animals that come through. I will just have to be strong and realize they are going to a loving home.

Just wanted to fill you in. I will let you know how my first day goes!!! :wlae:
  2. Congratulations! I wish you the best of luck, you're doing a wonderful thing!
  3. Awesome! Good luck on your first day! Let us know how it went! :smile:
  4. Good for you! What a wonderful and compassionate thing to do :smile:
  5. Awesome! I admire you so much for being so giving of your spare time. You will be doing a lot of good for a lot of people and animals. Can't wait to hear updates!
  6. So very COOL!!! Congrats and thanks for helping these animals. TRY not to adopt TOO many, k?:p
  7. That's awesome..you have a great heart!
  8. It warms my heart to hear of ppl volunteering at shelters! congrats and good luck!
  9. :tup: Good on you! I'm excited to hear more. I volunteer for a no-kill animal shelter when they call and need my help. I also volunteered for our local animal shelter, but after a few months I was taking way too many animals home and it was so tough on me (and I was busy with college!) that I had to give it up.

You're a great person for doing this. Cheers.
  10. Aww... this is great to hear! Congratulations, and best of luck to you! :smile:
  11. You rock.
  12. thanks guys...first day tomorrow...I will let you know how it goes...

I am going to try my hardest not to bring any animals home...it is going to be really really tough!
  13. that is just awesome. I've always wanted to volunteer my time in a shelter, but I'm afraid that I will take home all the animals with me. That's how I got my 2 cats. I just know also that it will break my heart to see some of the animals that don't get adopted. I admire people who spend their time for these precious ones. Good luck
  14. good for you!! I used to volunteer at a no-kill in Chicago and over time I have adopted many of the bunnies there. Now I just go to their fundraisers and give all my money (other than the $ I use to buy my bags!) to the shelter!
  15. U Go Girl~~ i admire you! donating $$ to SPCA is not even close to comparing to u.