Unverified seller & unclaimed

1. I just purchased a Louis Vuitton handbag on eBay with buy it now, I sent the payment through paypal with a cc and it saying my payment is unclaimed and the women is unverifed. Also the name is different in paypal it is not the same name that was on the end of auction eBay page. I did email her and I have not heard from her yet. Has this happened to anyone else? Please let me know I am getting nervous.:sad:
  2. Hmmmm. She could have recently changed her e-mail address in eBay, but forgot to update it with PayPal???

Those e-mail address must match to be able to receive payments from eBay. I just did this myself. You should send her a message through eBay asking if she had recently updated her e-mail address with eBay. Then remind her to update it with PayPal.
  3. I did this before. I accidentally added and extra letter in my email address on my listing where to send the payment. What I ended up having to do when I figured it out three days later was set up another Paypal account with the "incorrect" email address, then I had to call Paypal and have them transfer the funds to my correct account. I wouldn't get too nervous yet, since it took me three days to figure out where the heck the buyer sent the payment...but it all worked out in the end.
  4. I agree with the above. A nice email to her explaining the situation should get you a response. Some things on Ebay can really be innocent.
  5. Is she fairly new at selling? This happened to me once when I sold something when I was inexperienced w/ ebay. A buyer sent me a payment before I sent out the invoice and the payment was sent to a wrong email address. Also, because I didn't have my bank account or cc linked to my paypal account, I was unverified. I didn't know what was going on at first, so I contacted paypal and they told me to send her the invoice and that took care of the problem.

Good luck!
  6. I agree with lv_forever. The seller might be a new seller who hasn't upgraded their PayPal account yet to a Business or Premier account that is allowed to accept credit card payments and hasn't linked their bank account in Paypal.

I've had this happen occasionally when I buy from sellers that don't sell very often. I usually email the seller to tell them that I've paid through PayPal and to ask them to let me know when they've claimed the payment.
  7. Hey, this just happened to me.. I got an email saying the payment was unclaimed. Should I cancel the payment so if it is sent to an incorrect email the (wrong) person I sent it to doesn't receive it? It is a lot of money so I am getting worried, plus this seller has been taking her sweet time responding.
  8. Well it turned out that LV handbag I bought is a fake,I have a claim opened up with paypal. So buyers beware of unclaimed and unverified.

9. The same thing is happening to me right now. I bought a pair of shoes and paid through Paypal (credit card). The payment is unclaimed after 2 days. Paypal told me that I CANNOT cancel the payment - only the seller can. What a bunch of crap. I emailed the seller AGAIN, since I haven't received a response to my last 3 emails, and this time I wasn't quite as nice as I have been in the past. Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh, but I am getting the feeling that something is not quite right here. I have her phone number from Ebay now, I guess that's my next try, then I will have to call my credit card company I guess. Serves me right for bidding on something from a seller whose been a member since 2005 but has 0 feedback. But they did answer all of my emails during the auction, so I took the chance.