Unsure. Not happy.

Hi, I just recently purchased a black jumbo caviar flap bag from personalshopper and I love my bag. I am 100% sure my bag is authentic. I am sorry you feel your bag is fake. I would be upset if I spent that much money and had doubts. Post some pictures so we can help you authenticate it. Also you can take it into chanel and ask them to authenicate it for you. They will tell you in person but they will not give you any written authentication, why I don't know. If it makes you feel a little better I had my bag authenticated by chanel in beverly hills. I purchased my bag two weeks ago via her website. She gave me a little discount from her ebay prices. Good luck and keep us posted.

yep if you do a search in the forums, this has been discussed before (i presume you are talking about the classic flaps?). it is definitely not one continuous piece and i've seen these instore also (otherwise how would they loop the leather through the chain?).

would love to see pics though, my world will end the day personalshoppers sells a fake :roflmfao:

Hi,
I have similar prolems with my Flap that the leather strap is not always continous. Within the same strap, i can see two cuttings through it and the straps start again. I hope that make sense.. i also reutrn a wallet today cuz there is too much glue in between the "gaps". And i also return a Diamond Stitch flap due to glue problems as well.. i guess its common with the glues problems. I buy all my stuff from Chanel Boutiques. So no doubt about authenticity... BUt if you are still in doubt, its better to take heaps of pics, closeups and post in authenticate this thread. Hope this help..

Maybe, it's "ebay" bag that give you that feeling. Then it's not easy to enjoy the bag. I prefer buying from boutique or someone I know personally. Wish you work this out somehow to a happy ending.

I have been watching personal shoppers transactions for awhile. Their stuff is good. They are savy. They bought alot of stuff prior to the price increase, then listed it and jacked up the price. My jumbo flaps from NM are not one piece they have a fold to the strap and are stitched. If you want to send me the link I will be happy to look at it for you. Also keep in mind. That some of these ebayers might infact be Chanel or NM or Saks or BG employees. Old prices plus a discount makes for a nice bit of change in reselling. Say you bought a jumbo flap in violet for $1695 (which is what it sold for 2 months ago) and you got a 20% discount, you pay $1356.00 for the bag. Sell it on ebay for $2299.00 and you are making a sweet little profit. I have noticed their inventory seems to be drying up. I wouldnt stress.

that's very interesting selena. but can employees actually sell on ebay? i was thinking they must be good friends with sa and get discounts or buy on the gift card days or something. i thought she also did consignments but i could be wrong. plus many of her prices are over even retail as it is now.

and ps. omg how sad am i about the price of the violet jumbo flap? the one i found recently had the incresed price, and i was kicking myself. i can't believe i missed one for so much less!

Would love to see pics of your bag. I just checked out my bags and they do not have one continuous piece of leather on the strap. I do see some glue residue but it is not major. I would be so disappointed if your bag from personal shoppers is not authentic as she seems pretty reputable. Can't wait to see pics...

Please don't worry too much - personalshoppers is a very reputable seller and I've purchased authentic Chanel bags from them. They are very understanding and will allow returns (minus shipping and restocking fee, I think) if you're not 100% satisfied. My chain strap isn't one continuous piece either. I don't think that's even possible?? Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new Chanel! :flowers:

Yes, my medium/large classic flap (purchased at NM a couple of years ago) also does not have one continuous piece of leather in the chain strap. There is a gap at one of the links, where the two ends are sewn down, and there is a small amount of glue, I think.

Another member, kouki, posted this pic in this thread...
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/h...straps-68277.html?highlight=gap+leather+chain

attachment.php

Hey, thank you all for relieving my worries. No, none of my Chanel bags have one continuous piece of leather as a strap — I just meant that they loop a strap of leather at either end, stitch it, and wind it through the chain. So it's one long piece, with loops at either end. This bag has three pieces glued together — and at the end it is looped like normal. So instead of a strap like this ——————, it's like this ——*——*——. Get it? There's gaps and there's glue. I will photograph it when I get home from work, but since many of you have glue issues, then I'm not as concerned. Honestly, NONE of my other FIVE Chanels have glue leaking out of the strap. This one is so sloppy. Perhaps that's why it was on eBay? Maybe she got it for a discount! xxoo

I have purchased from this seller as well (two Chanels and a MJ). I know for a fact that some of her bags were store display models and customer returns (hence why my MJ while being "new" did not look quite "new". Still, this should have been disclosed to you.

I would contact her with your concerns. Do not keep a bag that you are not 100% sure about. I am sure she would be willing to work something out with you.

Good luck!!!

hmmmm she is very reputable and its most likely ok...i have something like that at one end of the chain of my luxe bowler i got at Saks...no glue oozing but it is glue-ish (and stitched) i just read Cosmopolitan's post and my situation is the same as hers.....

let us know!!