Unique Names

My name used to be a constant source of annoyance to me because it was not native to the country I lived in so it was always a talking point. Grew up with people taking the mick and getting it wrong, constantly... But I don't mind.
I wouldn't thank my parents for giving me a name that makes me sound loopy, either. If I'd been given a name like Sparkle I'd feel like I'd got something to live up to. Don't know what, though.

A good friend gave her little one the middle name of neveah I think it's beautiful. I know a little girl named Lake. Both me and my brother(Alanna and Tanner) were given uncommon names that became popular, more so my brothers, and we are in our late 20's most Tanners are about 10-12. Same thing with my kids, their names became popular a few years after I had them(Conner and Kirra) DH wanted to name Kirra Indiana "Indy" for short. I vetoed that right away, but her kickname is "Fred" everyone calls her that, so maybe "Indy" would have been better?

a friend of mine has had students come through with the following names:

marsha mallow
oronjello and lemonjello (orange jello and lemon jello, twins)
jack daniels (as inthe alcohol)
female (pronounced feh-mal-ey- parents thought the hospital named the baby, so they kept the name)

I have a client who is a teacher and she has a student named Sexica..........can you imagine naming your kid that????
My daughter's name is Jaden and 14 years ago when I picked it it was unique however, everyone and their borther seems to be naming their kid Jaden (Jayden) these days! It bumms me out!

But one of my closest friends is named Honey Graham!!!

My name used to be a constant source of annoyance to me because it was not native to the country I lived in so it was always a talking point. Grew up with people taking the mick and getting it wrong, constantly... But I don't mind.
I wouldn't thank my parents for giving me a name that makes me sound loopy, either. If I'd been given a name like Sparkle I'd feel like I'd got something to live up to. Don't know what, though.

I know a girl named Sparkle!! She's on my daughter's gymnastics team!

my coworker was a school teacher and she knew of a family named Bentz... and one lil girl happened to be in her class, and the parents named her Mercedes. Not a unique name these days, but when your last name is Bentz.. lord almighty. Mercedes Bentz?! god.

i like my niece's name: Leana (pronounced lee-anna). at least, the spelling is unique.. the name isn't so much.