Understand the making of your Hermes bags....

Liberté;4606268 said:
I've yet to see a cow with scales and a tail large enough to be used as a bottom of a birkin. :lol: But, in your offence, it's definelty not clearly written. If you read thourgh it quickly and is a little tired maybe, it's definetly not strange to mix it up.

Also the paragraphing is weird.

:roflmfao: Good point!!

Liberté;4606268 said:
I've yet to see a cow with scales and a tail large enough to be used as a bottom of a birkin. :lol: But, in your offence, it's definelty not clearly written. If you read thourgh it quickly and is a little tired maybe, it's definetly not strange to mix it up.

Also the paragraphing is weird.

Hey- what do I know- I only typed what was written. The laughter should be reserved for the author. :yes::heart:

Liberté;4605686 said:
The gold hardware is definetly plated, unlesss you go for the solid gold hardware and then the price will be totally different from your average bag.

There's a lot of info on how the Birkin at least is made. It takes many hours to make one.

Some of the H-leather craftsmen later open their own high quality, hand made bespoke stores, April in Paris and Serge Amoruso being two examples.

OMG, I'm so glad to hear that this is an option. :woohoo: If I ever get to choose my specifics, I'm going for the solid gold. I'm a jewelry freak & that really appeals to me.:love: Maybe for a clutch bag! Wow, what an absolute dream!

I always wondered if my Herbag was handmade like Kelly and Birkin... are all H styles handmade?

No. Only four styles are handmade (ie. Artisans select, measure, cut, sew, etc the leather themselves) : Birkin, Kelly, Plume and Constance.

Everything else is part machine, part human labor. The leather is laser cut and assembled by hand.