underage & possibly pregnant. please help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what should i do? :confused1:
    i am so confused && i am going
    through so many emotions.
    help me. please.

2. I bet. Have you talked to the father about this? What do you WANT to do, if you are? Good luck and stay strong.

3. i have && he is excited. but i am just confused.
    i want a baby i always have but when reality hit
    that i could be i got scared that i might not be ready.
    thank you so much.

4. How old are you? You will have to talk to your parents, and that is going to be hard. I hope they will help you decide the best thing for you to do. Im sure you are totally freaking out. Its a HUGE decision even when its planned. Let us know how you are doing!

5. i am only 15. they know that there is a possibility that
    i could be. && they are helping 110%. i will && thank you.

6. ^^Then you have a lot going for you. Loving supportive parents make all of the difference. Good luck to you.

7. 15...wow. One thing, just cause you do have support doesn't mean it's right for you. How will you handle your schooling? After HS...what about college? What are you going to do if the father leaves, cause at 15, the odds are that he will eventually. Are you going to be ok with possibly not going to college until later in life, or perhaps at all? Are you going to be ok with not being able to go out with your friends when all your other friends are out having a good time?
    Having a baby definitely isn't the end of the world, but there are reasons it's not a good idea to have one when you're young. I had my son at 20 and it definitely sucks that I didn't get a chance to do a lot of things being rather young and a father. I don't put any of that on my son at all, but I do recognize it. Babies are not like pets...it's a BIG deal, so understand EVERY option you take will affect you forever.

8. 15. Yikes, you must have a lot on your plate right now. You really need to think about how this will affect your life. I just had a baby 4 weeks ago (I am 21) and I could have never imagined what an adjustment it is!

What will you do about school? One of the most important things you can do to be on the way to having a good life is getting your high school diploma. How will you support the baby? Do you have a job? Does the father of the baby have a job?

Would your parents still allow you to stay with them? How do they feel about this?

You really need to think about this. Most important, you need to get an appointment with an OB to make sure that you and the baby are getting the care that you need.

Babies are not like dolls. Sure, they are fun to play with and dress up - but when it starts to not get fun are when those sleepless nights start when the baby is up screaming and crying and you have no clue what's wrong...When you feel like a terrible mother because your baby is crying and you can't soothe them in anyway. Luckily, I have only had 2 nights so far where I have thought those thoughts - and compared to some of my friends, I am quite lucky!

Really do think about this and how having a baby would impact your life and how it would affect the things that you want to do with your life. What do you want to do when you "grow up"? Do you want to go to college?

If you need anybody to talk to, or you have some questions - feel free to send me a PM. I've always got a free ear and I'm willing to listen! :smile:

9. Take a pregnancy test first before you start stressing out! And if you are, you should tell your parents immediately. I'm pregnant now, but I'm a little bit older than you (20), but my parents (mainly mom) were quite upset that I didn't tell them sooner. Tell them if its positive, because I know they would want to help you!!!! Best of luck, and hope everything works out!

10. are you pregnant or possibly pregnant? find out, it'll help you plan!

11. i do plan on finishing my years of high school if i am.
    && the dad has offered to drop out so he can be an
    at home dad. college.... at the moment i am questioning.
    i am 110% thankful for all of your advice & will keep you all
    updated on how it goes. thank you so much.

12. I hope this guy is a keeper! good luck, stay strong girl

13. Oh, one more thing. If you're not preggo...get on some birth control, dammit!

14. I think if either of you drop out of school for the baby, it's not a good start for the baby. How will you have a good job to support a child if you or the father drop out? I'd either give the child up for adoption, have your parents promise to take care of the baby for a few years, or have an abortion. You have to choose what's right based on your beliefs, but taking care of the baby yourself, or the dad taking care of the baby, is not an option in my opinion.

15. Sorry but I for one do not have a lot of sympathy for you. There are ways to prevent pregnancy---did you not know that? Now because of your irresponsibility there are TWO lives in the balance. Make that three, in the unlikely event that the father sticks by you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.