Under-eye puffiness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My 12-year-old son has puffy eyes, particularly below his eyes. He is quite sensitive about this. We have tried some home remedies and some products from the local drugstore. Has anyone had any luck with any products? I am also starting to retain water, so I would use the product as well. Thanks in advance for any advice. :p
  2. I would first of all ask the pediatrician about it. If the puffiness has some health-related cause, obviously you will want to address that.

If there is a prevalence of eye puffiness in his biological family tree, independent of any health thing, it could be just genetics, which I recognize is very unlikely to be a comforting prospect for a 12 year old. Or for a 62 year old for that matter. It has taken me over half a century to get used to mine!

Some things that can help, drinking more water, and wearing glasses. Obviously there are a long list of cosmetic remedies but for a 12 yr old boy, eye shadow and concealer tricks might cause more peer-originating stress than the actual puffiness ;)
  3. Thanks SP. I have recommended all of these things. But you hit the nail on the head. 12-year-old's are very sensitive to all of that. Ooops. I just remembered, he is 14! Ha Ha! they are sensitive as well. I had seen something in InStyle on some cloths that cut down on puffiness but have been unable to find them here. thanks!
  4. Prep-H. . . . the secret of Hollywood and pageants :yes:
  5. Glasses could be your best bet. Just take him to the place, and have them make him some with clear lenses, with frames that are considered cool by the teens in your community, whose bottoms hit the puff and vanquish it.

It's not going to change the puffiness, but it can make it anywhere from barely noticeable to invisible. He will never really LIKE having puffiness, but it will never be so awful for him as it is now, and will be for the next several years. The good news is, those years do pass! :smile:
  6. I recently read (in Marie Claire, I think) that cold spoons are a sure fire way to get rid of them as well as cucmber slices. I use Benefit Depuffing Action Eye Gel which seems to work nicely.
  7. I gave him a tube of that. And his 16-year-old brother and him took a stick and flung it off of their bed. :yahoo:
  8. Thanks. I had seen that. Would it be OK for a boy to wear?
  9. i *love* Dior's Capture Totale Instant Rescue Eye Treatment - it really works for me in reducing under-eye puffiness, and the application itself is very pleasant, as you get a nice, cooling sensation under the eye.

make sure to follow the instructions for application, as there's a specific method they show in the accompanying literature which is supposed to help physically reduce the puffiness as well (^(oo)^)v
  10. mmmm, wondering if allergies? Anyway, I just started using Origins new eye cream called ginzing (something like that) It is made specifically for puffy eyes.
  11. I have used every cream known......

the other night I was reading some home remedy site and it mentioned to apply olive oil under your eyes for bags/dark circles.....

so I put some olive oil under my eyes before I went to bed and when I woke up my eyes looked amazing.......actually better than some of the cream results I have experienced.

I do want to try that Origins Ginzing ~ it's on my shopping list.

I would be interested in hearing any feedback from anyone else that has used olive oil.
  12. 3.5 yr old thread about a little boy bumped by a spammer folks. . . :biggrin:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.