Unconfirmed International Address Q

1. I think I read somewhere that Pay Pal doesn't protect international sales...so if a international buyers address is unconfirmed, it's okay to send to that address right? B/c after all..you aren't protected..right?

2. Yes. You're not protected. But just in case, you might want to send it using the shipping services that provides online tracking.

3. UK & Canada I think are the only other countries where ebayers can confirm their paypal addresses.
    You really aren't protected for other countries, however I have personally never had a problem with international buyers. If the item is of worth then use a form of shipping that can be tracked. I use USPS Express and have never had any problems and you can print the labels & customs forms thru paypal (or usps.com which gives you a 5% discount on Express shipping)

4. Thank you so much for the replies!

:smile:

5. Only USPS EMS, FedEx, and UPS that I know of have tracking to other countries with signature confirmation available and insurance.

But FedEx and UPS charge A LOT for customs.

6. Paypal will not protect the seller if they send to an unconfirmed address EVEN if you have signature confirmation. I just went through a mess like this and will no longer ship to unconfirmed addresses.

7. If you are worried about shipping to an international unconfirmed address, you can always use BidPay. It is pretty much the equivalent of Paypal, but the buyer cannot do a chargeback. This stops the whole "I didn't get it, but I really did..." scenario.

Or, you could do a bank wire transfer. Safe for you, no recourse again for the buyer.

8. You can limit your auctions to USA confirmed addresses only. If international bidders are interested, they'll email you, then you can assess them based on their feedback before deciding to accept their bids. If it's a buyer with very good feedback, chances of a chargeback are very low.

9. Does anyone know for sure if Canadian addresses can be verified? I'm in the US and I just sold a few DVDs to buyers in Canada, both of which have unconfirmed addresses. I've never shipped outside of the US before. The DVDs only sold for a couple of dollars apiece, so I'm not really worried, but I would like to know for the future.

10. Not only do I never ship outside of the US now but it's a double-whammy to ship outside the US to an unconfirmed address. You can get yourself into hot water if they say anything like "I never received it" or the post office lost it, etc. It's a whole box of problems waiting to happen, in my opinion.

11. It's still not very clear to me....
    If my address has been verified by Paypal, so it's confirmed... is it confirmed only within Italy or Europe???
    So international buyers are always considered non confirmed?
    I'm asking this question, because I contacted a seller in the US for a bag and she told me that for international buyers she only accept bank transfer... so I would not be protected, as buyer. But I know that in Italy my address is confirmed.
    :confused1:
    MAy I have your opinion, please? Thank you!