Unconfirmed address

1. I woke up this morning to find that an item of mine had sold while I was sleeping via BIN. It turns out that the buyer has an unconfirmed address.

I immediately emailed the buyer, asked them to confirm address or use a money order, and refunded the money. It's plastered three different places, bolded and different color text that I will not ship to an unconfirmed address.

Now the buyer is insisting that other sellers don't care and that I'm the one with the problem. I've refunded the money and offered the option of a money order. And that if I won't ship to an unconfirmed address, the transaction is null and void in this person's opinion.

What else can I do? I'm currently out the money and the eBay fees. This is not a huge item, but more than $100.

I don't want to file a NPB, but if this person is not going to provide a confirmed address or use an alternative payment method, how can I recover my fees?

I hate eBay.

2. I think you should just file NPB

3. Can't you file for refund of your FVF with mutually agreed not to complete transaction? the buyer blatantly ignored your specific payment instructions. At this point, it seems buyer wants to bully you into going against your better judgement

4. I think the "Both agreed not to complete the transaction" option is your best bet, but first communicate with the buyer and let them know what it is that you plan to do so that they select the right option and you get your FVF credited fast.

5. I hate it when ppl still dont care and send $ w/ an unconf address!

6. I could be wrong- but I think that if you file a mutual agreement, you do not recoup eBay fees- if I'm wrong, let me know

7. Also- change your settings so that paypal will not accept payments from an unconfirmed address

8. No, your FVF is fully refunded:tup:
    just not the listing fees:sad:

9. ITA! This happened to me a couple of weeks ago, despite confirmed address only being stated in listing. It sucks caused it makes the seller loose money so I changed my paypal settings and I won't have to deal with it again.

10. I've looked all over, but how do I block unconfirmed addresses?

11. instructions: to block US unconfirmed addresses

1. log into paypal
    2. select the "profile" tab
    3. Under selling preferences - select "payment receiving preferences"
    4. Select "yes" under the 1st option- "block payments from US users who no not have a confirmed address"
    5. Click "save" at the bottom

There isn't any way to prevent unconfirmed address payments from international customers- the only way you can prevent it is to select the option "block payments from users who have non- US paypal accounts" - in this option you can direct them to a different web site - I direct them to www.bidpay.com

Hope this helps!

12. I understand how you feel. I had a buyer that won an auction for nearly $1,000. They sent me the money and gave me a confirmed address. When they found out I was going to sent the item signature required (which was also in my listing) they got really upset that I wouldn't ship it to their work which was an unconfirmed address. This was someone with a lot of feedback.

I would file that you mutually did not complete the transaction. I know you can get back FVF but I'm not sure about Ebay fees.