Unbelievable Hermes Scarf Auction!

1. WOW!!! :wtf: My eyes are really popping after watching an Hermes 90cm silk scarf (Madison Avenue) sell on eBay for over $1200 tonight!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140176719720&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Ture, it is a special issue by Kermit Oliver and, as I have posted before (in guccigal's thread),

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/most-collectable-hermes-scarves-of-all-time-139044-3.html

I will be the first to admit that this is my most cherished scarf, but gosh, $1200? Any other scarfies out there as stunned as I am?

2. wow.....

3. For some people, when they really want something and have the $$, they don't mind overpaying.

4. I had a re-seller quote me almost the same amount (750 Eur) for the Geishas scarf :wtf:

5. yikes. that is unreal. makes me sad i missed it when it was for sale at the store. LOL

6. That's insane.

7. Good gawd, that's a lot of money to pay for a scarf!

8. Oh my too much

9. WOW! I LOVE Kermit Oliver scarves, they are all I wear for the most part, but that is way too much for me.... :amazed:

And Madison Ave does appear on eBay from time-to-time. I think I would have waited.

Maybe someday they will re-issue it....I can only hope!

10. and no box or tissue

crumbs

11. At that price I doubt it will be worn.

12. Wow!!

13. I just hope the winning bidder will wear that beauty from time to time!

14. Remember, it only takes two to get a bidding war started.

Funniest thing is that being a self-confessed scarfie, this is one scarf that does absolutely nothing for me. In fact all KO scarves do nothing for me.

Well, more money for fiiishiiies!

15. Apparently scarf collectors have been quoted refering to their scarf collection as their retirement savings plan..

Jokingly or not, I think I prefer more traditional ways of retirement investing. And I prefer to actually wear my scarves