UNBELIEVABLE DEAL on Rebecca Minkoff! PICTURES!

^ I understand your concern, but I am trying to put in a good word for Cami. I got those bags at an AMAZING DEAL and she seems to be a very nice person. I want her store to stay open and succeed because she provides great merchandise and good prices. Plus, it is the only place in my neighborhood where I can actually see RM's in person. When I walked into her store, I was so excited, I lined up all the purses like kindergartners to take their picture! That poor wine Matinee was just wilting on the vine at Cami's! My L.A. neighbors just do not get Rebecca Minkoff yet.

I've just realised that ALL four of these bags are now on eBay. It really makes me wonder if this post is a creative way of circumventing the forum rules on selling.

It seems suspect to post pictures of a a great bag purchase, proclaiming that said purchase was an "unbelievable deal", post large pictures, and then put up those self-same bags on auction a short while later.

:sad: Yes, while I am sure all of us have bought bags and later changed our minds or sold them on ebay, or sold for other reasons, I also definitely don't think the RM forum should be used primarily as a way to advertise the merchandise you are selling in your ebay store. I hope none of that is going on in our happy little forum of RM lovers! :smile:

What burdens me, is that we post on the forum the bags we're all interested in and most of us spend our time trying to locate those bags for others, but there's a "small" group of opportunists who take that information, BUY the bags (sometimes at REAL DISCOUNT rates), and then sell them on EBAY with hugely inflated prices.

The purpose of the forum is to share our enthusiasm and create a sisterhood of both trust and fun. I find it rather disappointing when what we post is used against us in order for someone to make a profit and fill their pockets.

Oh, I know...some of you guys will say it's a free enterprise market, and that no one is twisting our arm or pointing a gun at us....I'm all in favor of Free Enterprise, but I do not like being used and deceived.

Well said Contessa. I was typing a long diatribe and my computer hiccupped and it was gone, so maybe a good thing.

PS Whenever I read your posts it looks like JBJ is saying them because of the way his head is facing the text! lol

I'm kind of mad at the fact that she knew that she cleaned out this store and yet still preteneded there was more left... Way to make a profit w/ free advertising... B**ch move...

I'm not as pissed about the sly advertising as I am about working us all up about the bags on sale at the store! I mean, why talk about the UNBELIEVABLE DEAL when you know the rest of us won't get to benefit from it? I know SHE got those bags at an amazing deal...too bad no one else did.

ETA: That sounded a little *****y of me....if she had bought the bags for herself, I would've been ecstatic for her...but the fact that she denied someone else the pleasure is what bugs me.

IT is an ebay retailer. The ebay store operates "under la sample sale" and sales purses on ebay. Which has sold ALOT of RM's here lately. It even has a kiss and makeup, probably paid $30, for sale right now for $95 BIN! I bid on one of the bags last week!

That is indeed a Pewter Nikki and the matching make-up bag, which I am now the proud owner!!! She did not have a night blue Nikki in the store, but you should call and see if she can get ahold of one for you!

I think this is the statement that bothers me the most. I have no problem with people trying to sell bags on ebay. But to misrepresent things (i.e. there are others available at amazing prices) is a completely different story, which I feel she did. It is one thing to buy a bag and get a great deal on it and then realize it isn't for you and then sell it, but I don't think that is what happened here. Oh well, at least we had Plaza Too at the same time!! (please ship soon, please ship soon)

ETA: Mockinglee, I don't think have Ever sounded *****y (and you didn't).