UNauthenticate This "Gucci"

1. Hi guys,

I posted a little while ago about how I purchased a large chain hobo on eBay that turned out to be fake. I even posted photos of it in the "Authenticate This Gucci" thread and you guys confirmed that the bag was definitely not real.

I've tried requesting a refund from the seller through their return policy but the seller pretty much ignored me. Then I opened a dispute with PayPal. It's taken them weeks to get back to me with the following response:

"To continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must request
    documentation to support your claim that the item is not authentic. Please
    obtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer,
    appraiser, or organization that is qualified in the area of the item in
    question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not
    authentic. The document must specifically state how the item received
    differs from an authentic item and must include a detailed explanation of
    how the person evaluating the item determined that it is not authentic. If
    possible, the document should include a serial number, and must be on
    letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the
    business or organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary."

I highly doubt that a Gucci retail associate would be willing to issue me a letter detailing how my bag is fake -- please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there anyone I can go to for documentation like this? PayPal is only giving me a WEEK to fax them proof!
    I'm honestly considering closing both my eBay and PayPal accounts after this. :tdown:
  2. I am going through the same thing with Gucci. Contact CarolDiva she can help you.
  3. i hope everything works out for you.
  4. Yes, contact Carol Diva at My Poupette......although I heard she is really bad at answering emails so I dunno :confused1:
  5. ^CarolDiva and My Poupette are two different services.
  6. Thanks for all the advice, guys! Is CarolDiva a member of Purse Forums or no?
  7. ^Yes, she is a member.
  8. Does anyone have any experience using castira.com?

What's the easiest way to get in touch with caroldiva (for some reason I can't seem to find her on the forum)?

Sorry for all the questions. :smile:
  9. I found caroldiva's email address. :smile:
  10. i hate that you are having to go through this. Best of luck to you and let us know how it turns out.
  11. Thanks Gucci Lover! You guys have been so helpful! :smile:
  12. Thanks so much for the advice, everyone. I just faxed the letter Tira (castira.com) wrote. She did a great job and I'm hoping I'll hear something positive from PayPal very soon.

ps -- ItalianFashion, did your claim ever get resolved?