ummm, what is patina & what is vachetta

I just got my first LV about 6 months ago and it has some of the tan trim. I've heard about the patina process it will go through but what if mine just looks dirty? I didn't put any protectant on it. Should I be worried? I'm not sure if it's just in a transition stage or if I'm being too rough on it! Help!

hi, i'm a newbie to purseforum, but i do look forward to visiting frequently.

When I went back to the states in May, I bought a keepall 60 to use as an everyday man bag of sorts. Unfortunately, I had to leave it back home, as i was returning to the middle east for the second half of my deployment. Anyway, my parents put everything i bought while i was home in the attic. I was wondering if this would speed up the patin process or if i should have them move it somewhere else?

Also, my jeans rubbed off on the bag and the handles started to turn brown only where i carried it. Is there anything to remove the blue wash on the leather, or can i take it to the store and have them clean it off along with the darkening parts on the handles. I'm not sure if its patina or dirt...

anyway, thanks a million for this thread...it helped a lot...and got me to thinking about the care of my first vuitton bag as well as future bags...

thanks to bread and toast, i will not forget Vachetta and Patina!!
icon14.gif

anyone with habit of applying/reapplying moisturiser? how will this affect the vachetta? patina with butter...

Hi guys! I'm planning to buy the Damier speedy azur speedy 35 for the summer and I'm kind of hesitant! Will the azur/light/blueish color look weird when the vachetta turns into a patina? Do you guys recommend a damier Ebene instead?

Hello~

Feel free to help if anyone has better way of writing out these pronounciations!

Patina = pah tee nah
Pochette Bosphore= poh shet bos frorr ( no e sound)
Vachetta= vah shet tah

I'm not sure about the "Vah shet tah" pronunciation though. I've heard the ladies pronouncing it as "Vah keeehhhhh tah" on HSN:nuts:

i thought the word comes from the french word "vache" and it means cow...I guess not!!