Um...vachetta holds up better than we think

BagLadie

Got a handle on it
O.G.
Nov 2, 2006
Did I spell vachetta right? Sounds like something I had for dinner tonight. Anyhowwww.......it's pouring here in New England and I went out tonight with my new baggy pm and it rained (I can hear the gasps now) all over my bag! I got home expecting to have to wipe down the handles and the water spots that were on the handle were totally gone! Nothing to wipe. I have never treated this bag and the water had no effect on it! Are we too neurotic about these bags? :shrugs:

I dropped my petit bucket right in a puddle & you'd never know I did, but still, we pay so much, I don't want to just toss the bags around.

if it's just little tiny spots, it won't stain but i spilled cranberry juice on my bag and it left some marks. they are not that noticeable but of course i see them since i am pretty anal about keeping my vachetta clean.

I am glad to hear that you baggy was safe!! Did u decide to keep it? I know you were having second thoughts. Anyway, I agree that vachetta is quite durable and resiliant. I have carried my speedy out in the rain many-a-time and once it had dried there were minimal, if any water spots.

I am glad to hear that you baggy was safe!! Did u decide to keep it? I know you were having second thoughts. Anyway, I agree that vachetta is quite durable and resiliant. I have carried my speedy out in the rain many-a-time and once it had dried there were minimal, if any water spots.

Yep I am keeping it!!! It's such a fun bag. My kids even love it (because it's blue and it "looks like they made it from someone's pants") :P

I think they might have done something to the newer vachetta. I have never treated my Azur and been cought under rain a bunch of times AND NOTHING, not even a tiniest mark, really - on the other hand my 2004 Vernis M.Sq. WAS treated with AG and I was caught under a slight drizzle once last year.I can't never forget that day because I get a reminder every time I look at it! I have also noticed that my newer bags patina muuuuch slower. Anyone else made this observation or I am completely loosing it:>)?

Yes it does seem like winter again.

I don't know about the bags taking longer to patina - I am semi new to LV and only own 3 so not much to compare it to. But I will say that it rained all over the strap of my baggy pm and there wasn't ONE stain! I mean...nothing!