Ultimate Amazing Collonil Pics!!!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW WOW. Finally took a look at this thread after asking about the care and feeding of Mulberrys (especially of my soon-to-be-arriving hand-painted Rosemary). I agree that this thread should be Stickied!!! Us Mulberry newbies need it! Especially if the fracking search feature is going to be down forever!

This thread should be stickied. Anyways I bought some Collonil on Saturday and sprayed my Smithfield, not too bad a smell, only thing is it looks like it has made the bag a bit darker.

This thread should be stickied. Anyways I bought some Collonil on Saturday and sprayed my Smithfield, not too bad a smell, only thing is it looks like it has made the bag a bit darker.

Stefy - I was thinking of getting a Smithfield myself but was unsure as it appears to be a large bag. How easy is to carry and use? I would love to get one in Oak.

Oh its a lovely bag, very spacious and easy to carry. It is a tad heavy but I am not sure if thats because all my stuff is in it :biggrin: Check out my thread, my very first mulberry, there are some pics that you can check out of the bag :smile:

wow thats amazing, i put some on my emmy but it has tarnished the metal mulberry studs!!!! looks horrible!

Mmmm,thats interesting,none of mine did that? Maybe give them a good rub,if there's no change,call Mulberry,its a spray they recommend,so if you can't sort it,they probably will sugg
est what to do,or ask you to send it to them.

Oh its a lovely bag, very spacious and easy to carry. It is a tad heavy but I am not sure if thats because all my stuff is in it :biggrin: Check out my thread, my very first mulberry, there are some pics that you can check out of the bag :smile:

Thanks Stefy. I can't carry heavy bags as I have a bad shoulder and it always aches when I carry anything a little heavy. I will have to have a little think about it.

Ooo,hun,only the waterstop.I have'nt used any other type of collinil on my bags.Mmmm,best thing to do then is give Mulberry a call and see what they say,they may have an extremely simple solution for sorting your studs on your bag out. xxx

When I bought my Bayswater I read A LOT about different types of sprays. I was going to get the Collonil when I found a report on fluorine toxins. In the report they were compared to PCB and DDT. Even very small amounts have been shown to seriously affect reproduction, cellular function and hormonal system. Collonil waterstop was one of the tested products and found to have pretty high amounts. I agonized over spraying my precious bag with anything else than the recommended stuff but finally decided to buy another brand (Armour). It felt kind of terrible to let this stuff out in the air, but also as a health risk for me and the people around me who might come in contact with my bag. If you guys use this stuff you should definitely avoid to inhale it and protect your skin (which can absorb it).

After having read about chaz's experiments though I do feel like getting an E/W Bayswater in oak (I got my Bayswater in black since I was afraid of the rain ruining it if I got it in oak) AND spraying it with Collonil anyway... If I got one in oak I wouldn't dare spraying it with anything else. What a dilemma. Ignorance is bliss...

question on colloni - its a waterproofing spray? would it help to protect the bag from other dirt marks? any ideas if it would work on nylon / soft goatskin??

whats the difference between this and a leather nourisher?? if my bags are in black should i still be using this??

thanks