UK Sellers - Items listed on Ebay.co.uk NOT appearing on ebay.com?

1. I sell on eBay.co.uk being UK domiciled but always in the past my listings have also appeared on the search pages on eBay.com automatically. This meant I was able to reach US sellers as well no porblems :yes:

A week or two ago eBay.co.uk issued a general annoucement that said they could no longer guarantee that item listed on ebay.co.uk would appear on ebay.com - something to do with the high volumes of items now. It went on to say that if you want your items to appear on ebay.com then you would have to list via that site? :shrugs:

Has any of you done this yet? I take it that it will mean I can list on EITHER .co.uk or .com but not both because there is no way to link the auctions so if you listed on both they would have different listing numbers and effectively have two auctions for one item running simulataeously which wouldn't work at all :confused1:

Any comments? What have you done?

TIA :flowers:

2. i think they dont now automatically appear on .com you have to tick the see items worldwide for uk items it doe not happen automatically by default anymore :sad:

3. well, I just listed on uk-ebay and my item appears on usa-ebay just fine - but I tick worldwide selling. Only in the past it did not show up either if you didn't tick world-wide selling, I think.

4. i have to click worldwide to see uk's auctions. i don' like that now.

5. Yep, as a UK seller, as far as I know it depends on prospective buyers clicking the option to see all international items if UK listings are to show up in the USA.

6. Yes you are right Miss Sooky US buyers now have to click the option to see all international items, this happens mostly on high end bags for some reason and it still happens even if you click post worldwide box. Its a right pain

7. Has any of you done this yet? I take it that it will mean I can list on EITHER .co.uk or .com but not both because there is no way to link the auctions so if you listed on both they would have different listing numbers and effectively have two auctions for one item running simulataeously which wouldn't work at all :confused1:

Any comments? What have you done?

TIA :flowers:[/quote]

This has just happened to me. I was listing a Balenciaga and it won't let me list to anywhere other than the UK?? It said I have to be pay pal verified to list Worldwide. Well, I am pay pal verified, with a premiere account and pay pal confirmed address, etc. So it said if you are verified than you must link your pay pal and ebay accounts. I followed the steps to link the two accounts, as suggested by ebay, and was able to link the accounts without problems. However, it still WON'T list my item anywhere but within the UK!

Very frustrating. I have emailed ebay, but in the meantime, I had no choice but to just list in the UK.

Anyone else having this sort of problem? Any advice?:confused1:

8. Ebay have now stopped all the .co.uk listings from showing on the ebay.com website!

They have effectively removed 90% of potential buyers from UK sellers. How much more incompetent & cruel can they get?

I called to enquire about this I was told "OH USA buyers can still see your auctions if they click on worldwide on the left hand menu" I told them I didnt know that, never look at that menu so sure a lot of others don't know it either!

Ebay gets worse & worse! They think they have a God given right to play havoc with peoples businesses after charging them extortionate fees through the years!

So many USA buyers where most of my business came from were asking me had I given up as they didnt see any listings for months!

Does anyone else think this is so unfair?

9. the other problem being a UK based seller is that you would then have to list on both .com and .co.uk so double the fees and what if someone in the UK and someone in the US presses buy it now on both auctions. You have sold the same bag twice - what a mess!!!! I am also restricted to listing 7 items in 7 days and when I tell ebay no one else I know has the restriction they just tell me nearly every one DOES have this restriction.... I give up....

10. I don't understand, why don't u just go and list items on ebay.com?

11. I always click on the worldwide box to see whats available, but youre right, many dont know they can do that.

12. It's unfair for UK sellers while if we open eBay UK, we find USA seller's items there.

13. Tell me about it - it's crap. Ebay is crap full stop these days, it's just not worth the hastle. I've been trying to sell my Chloe Silverado for over a month now and every single listing has failed - two couldn't be found in the search or site listings and ebay couldn't tell me if they would or not - lost three days on each auction. I was basically told that the only way to guarantee it would appear was by using a scheduled listing. Then someone bought it and claimed they didn't mean to click on buy it now and backed out, then it was 'bought' by a TKO. So I'm now listing it for the 5th time. Live help are a joke - it took them an hour to solve a simple problem last week. I tried listing on ebay.com last week and for some reason I couldn't - I think it something to do with location but I can't remember. All I know is that ebay is more hastle than it's worth at the moment. They are going to have to do some serious work on making it a better trading environment, because right now it seems to benefit the crooks and fakers more than it does legitimate sellers.

Grrr can you tell I'm hacked off with it? :biggrin: