Uh...do I keep the padlock on?

1. OK, it's the morning after since losing my "LV virginity" yesterday (see other thread) and no regrets :biggrin: :biggrin:

So as I head out the door with my mono speedy, do I keep the padlock on (sans key)? I just want to look like I know what I'm doing here and wearing this beauty right!
  2. Congrats on your new bag! I keep the lock on mine, as do several PFers here - there's a thread here somewhere! I keep a key in the pocket inside my bag.
  3. Right on, thanks foxmonkey...I figured there was a dupe thread on this somewhere but didn't search. Thanks!!:biggrin:
  4. i keep mine on too along with one of the keys, the other key is left in the flap inside the purse!! ^_^
  5. Some people keep it on, some people don't. There is no right or wrong. It's a pesonal preference.
  6. I took my lock off a month ago because there was a discussion here about the possibility of the lock making a permanent mark on the leather tab if left on over time. I don't want that to happen to mine so I decided to take it off just in case.
  7. I personally like to have the locks on all bags that have locks. Either way they still look fab.
  8. I put it on depending on the occassion. For evening, I put it on because it makes the bag shinny. For regular use, I take it off because i don't want it to get scratced and rusted.
  9. You know what's funny, I never ever thought I would use my lock on my Speedy 40 but I use it sometimes as a tote bag and a couple of weeks ago I was at this business that had some shady characters in it, so I put the lock on it and locked it, and slipped the keys in my pocket.

Now my boyfriend thinks this is hilerious bc he said they would have seen the large LV bag and just taking the d*&^ bag for the bag itself. :roflmfao: HAHAHAHA I think he's right, but still...............

OH PS... I keep my lock on with my keys in the flap pocket. :biggrin:
  10. I keep the lock on.
  11. I would keep the lock on.
  12. I put the lock on the tab when I take it out, but when it's being stored I take it off to prevent the stretching that I've seen on some of the older speedies on eBay.
  13. I keep my lock on the bag and i place one key at home for safe keeping and one key hanging on the D ring inside the speedy to make sure it stays put, instead of putting it inside the pouch!
  14. I keep the locks on all of my bags that came with one.

Pursefanatic: I too have used my lock. When I travel and I carry my Deauville, I leave my docs, tickets, etc locked inside of it and leave it in the hotel room.

After that hidden camera show where some hotel cleaners were caught trying on guests' clothes, jewelry, and going through their stuff I don't trust it. Call me paranoid :biggrin:
  15. A bag without it's lock is a naked bag imo!!