Ugly Betty gets a makeover to glamorous cover girl

1. By SIMON CABLE

Last updated at 22:47pm on 30th October 2007

So this is what Betty Suarez has been hiding behind those red-rimmed glasses, thick fringe and that mouthful of metal.

The fashionistas who bully her could be silenced by just one glare from these sultry bedroom eyes.

Unfortunately for the loveable secretary from TV's Ugly Betty, this will never happen.

Because this is actually her alter ego, actress America Ferrera.

Miss Ferrera was photographed for the latest British edition of Marie Claire magazine.
    She even graces the front cover - following in the footsteps of some of the world's most glamorous women such as Angelina Jolie and Denise Van Outen.

Unfortunately for the loveable secretary from TV's Ugly Betty, this will never happen.

Because this is actually her alter ego, actress America Ferrera.

Miss Ferrera was photographed for the latest British edition of Marie Claire magazine.
    She even graces the front cover - following in the footsteps of some of the world's most glamorous women such as Angelina Jolie and Denise Van Outen.

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=490813&in_page_id=1773&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5)

FerreraBetty33010DM_468x253.jpg Ferrera3010DM_468x636.jpg Ferrera33010DM_468x352.jpg
  2. She looks beautiful!! I love Ugly Betty!! The show just makes me happy!!!

3. I love America Ferrera!

I recently finally saw "Real Women Have Curves" (yeah..I'm behind! LOL) and was impressed once again!

She's GORGEOUS!

4. WOW!!! She looks FABULOUS. gorgeous, just gorgeous!!

5. This girl is so beautiful!! Good for her!!!

6. I always thought she was a beautiful gal.
    Even in that pants movie....

7. Wow! She looks amazing, very beautiful!
    I have always wondered, though, how she gets the braces on to play her character, they aren't real braces, are they? Or are they some removeable thing?

8. she looks really good.

9. Her face looks very young. I'd think she's in her midearly-teens without the body in the picture.

10. She has the cutest smile. I really like her.

11. nice pics

12. me too!! I love love love Ugly Betty and America is fantastic!!

13. Wow! She is beautiful! But I knew that even though she dressed as Ugly Betty! On her off screen interviews when she's just in a nice blouse and jeans she still looks great!

14. She's pretty.

15. She looks great.