UGH...Wolf spiders~ anyone else?!

1. I live in Indiana & you know it's getting wintery when you find these creepy little buggers in your house, especially in our basement. Anyone else finding more of these lately? They absolutely creep me out :shocked:

292_9274_small.jpg
  2. Eww, I feel for ya acegirl! They would creep me out too!

3. ARGH!!!:wtf::wtf::wtf:

**runs off to put on kevlar spiderproof suit**

dayum that thing is ugly..................

4. ^^:lol: I swear, I don't know how these things get in my house. It's about as tight as Fort Knox! My reaction varies from pummeling them with the nearest object (unfortunately for my husband, the last one was his remote control in the workout room~ he's cleaning that one:yucky: ) or I often test their ability to swim & hold thier breath in my toilet. It's either me or the spider living in my house- I WIN!

5. Ergh! I hate those things, my first experience with them ever was at my last house. They like to sit in a corner right beside my bathtub, which completely freaked me out, I had to begin turning the light on at night. I killed them both with a tanning lotion bottle! I seriously hopped in the tub, so it wouldn't get me and smashed it. thennn I had to take my dove soap box and scrape it up to put in the toilet to flush. Its unbelievable that they both went to the same spot! so gross!!!!! That piece of carpet had to be disinfected and vacuumed. I'd honestly never seen spiders so big in my life. I'm comepletely terrified of spiders by the way, but nobody was home to help! lol

6. Oh man, I don't think we have those here but I'd probably just die if I saw one. The TINIEST spiders freak me out. There was a tiny little thing in my shower the other day and I didn't notice until I got in, I practically had a heart attack and ran out screaming. I'm such a wimp.

7. wow that thing looks really sacrry. ive seen spiders but nothing like that.!!

8. :sweatdrop: Screams!:lol: Not a fan by any means but it's better than finding a bat flying around your bedroom in the middle of the night.Thank God for tennis rackets & bug spray.

9. My neighbor had them in her barn and house in Florida all the time. UGH.....she even got bit by one once on the arm and her arm swelled up pretty bad. Needless to say I did not take her offer up to housesit, I would watch her animals but not stay in the house.

10. Ahhhhhhh!!! I get scared just looking at that picture :sad: :sad: :sad:

11. Oh I HATE spiders! No matter the type...yeah this time of year they start coming inside to get warm...

12. We have a couple of wolf spiders in our basement (but the spider is not as big as the one posted in your jpeg, thank goodness! :lol:) Sure, they aren't the prettiest creatures, but they do serve a good purpose - ie, trapping other bugs. Thus, I'd rather see a couple of spiders crawling around in our basement rather than big nasty centipedes scurrying about! :yucky:

13. ugh...those are HUGE! i feel for you acegirl, i hate spiders, and man, that is one nasty looking spider! i would totally freak out if i saw one.

14. That is a nasty looking spider.

When I lived in PA we had some spiders but nothing like what we have here in Myrtle Beach, SC.

I had a really hard time getting used to them the first 2 years or so. I mean, they're really huge and some are very aggressive.

Now, I am on a daily search and destroy mission. I literally scope the place daily and kill them. I used to be afraid to even kill them but the alternative is that they end up somewhere in the house and get me later. So, now, if I see them, I kill them.

We get a spider here during the fall (I'm not sure what it is called), that is so large that it looks like one of those fake spiders people put out for Halloween. I am dead serious. I can see them 10 or 20 feet from the house and I make my DH kill them just for fear that they'll find their way into my house.

I hate spiders!

15. Glad I'm not the only one!! The one's I've seen in my house range from 1-2 inches. I'm not sure how big the one in the pic is.. It's zoomed in so it might not be as big as it looks. I thought they were harmless until I just read (while finding that pic of one..) that they can & will bite. Apparently, it can be very nasty-i.e. tissue necrosis, blistering, etc.. Now THAT makes me feel much better:wtf: