Travel Uber while traveling?

Well I'm going back home today and I wanted to share my Uber experience. Overall it was great, they were pretty quick I'd say the average wait time was 5-8 minutes. Most of the cars that we got where new, all of them where clean and a lot cleaner than any taxi I've been in. I was a bit confused about how you pay, I had a split fair and honestly wonder if I partially paid for the other guys fair. It was the most I paid for any of my rides(a whopping $14 lol). I also went somewhere and then the ride back was a bit more than the ride out, not by much like $1.50. Then I checked the app help section and it said that there can be changes in price when they have a lot of demand for rides in the area or if they don't have a lot of drivers in the area. Most of my fairs where $5-8 pretty short rides for the most part. But when we arrived I was planning on using Uber to go to the hotel but there was no line in the taxi line so I went that route. The taxi was $23 plus tip. We took Uber back to the airport it cost $8 and I tipped him $5 so total cost $13! That's a pretty big difference. He was the only driver I tipped the whole time and I did it because he handled our luggage and dropped us off at different gates. I would absolutely recommend using Uber when traveling!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PurseForum mobile app

Just came back from Lisbon and used Uber about six times there. Drivers were super friendly! Cars were very clean too. It only costs about 2-4 euros to get to a destination within 10-15 driving.

I love Uber. I used it in Tampa and in Paris. Very easy to use and don't have to worry about carrying cash. The driver's usually arrive within 10 minutes or less. You can see a picture of the driver and the model of the car and map showing how many potential drivers are near you and track the car coming towards you.

I've used Uber all over the U.S. Recently used it in Paris & San Juan P.R. Never had a problem. Much prefer it over taxis but I'm now looking into other ride services due to the business practices at Uber.

Only use Uber in Paris, Rome, Dublin, Barcelona, New York, Miami, DC & Boston. All were great, except NY where I have gotten a few drivers that did not speak English... this happened 3 times in a row. Still prefer over a taxi.