U.S. price increase effective January 21, 2008

1. My sa from Madison Avenue just called to inform me that the price increase of approximately 10% will go into effect on Monday January 21.
  2. :cursing::cursing::cursing:....YUCK.
  3. My sa from Madison Avenue just called to let me know that the price increase will go into effect on January 21, 2008 and everything will go up approximately 10%.
  4. on everything? from bags to scarves?
  5. OMG!!! I spoke to my H-store SA on Sat and she didn't know when it was going to be in effet but now we have the confirmation.

6. How odd...several people have been told that the increases are effective on Feb. 1 - and that the increases may be even a bit higher than 10%. Supposedly carres in the $345 to $365 range and cashmere GMs at about $950...aaaacccckkk!! I hope it is the Feb 1 date, gives me more time to figure out what I want to get!
  7. Yeah, my SA told me that a few items will be increased to 20%. He wouldn't say which, though. :tdown:
  8. I was in Madison Avenue today to buy a belt. I called back to ask my sa to put an agenda on hold for me until next Monday (Jan 21). She agreed to do it. She called me back an hour later and told me that she needed to charge it to my credit card now to avoid the price increase because it was going into effect next Monday (Jan 21). We never discussed the amount of the increase, I was only guessing at the 10%. Based on the U.S. dollar, I would not be surprised if it were more.
  9. You know, guys, there is a blessing in this .... actually, two blessings:

(1) it will probably cool the demand down a little more, making it a little easier to get a birkin or kelly

(2) it will make all of us think even longer and harder about a purchase, meaning we will all be more satisfied in the long run. We will all buy less but like what we buy even more.
  10. ^Jedi, you are so wise...I agree.
  11. I just came back from H in my neck of the woods and was told that scarves will only be going up about $5.00.......I didn't ask about the cashmere's though....Dang it!!!!
  12. It is far too late for your wisdom jedi. In a mad rush to avoid the price increase I managed to buy a Bolide travel bag in black Clemence AND a Victoria travel duffel in gold Clemence. Oh and a belt and now an agenda. At least the price increase will stop me in my tracks for a while. I forgot to mention the Ulysses notebook I bought for a friend's birthday! Now I can stop stop stop.
  13. I sort of wish I picked up that etoupe lindy and another cashmere scarf when I purchased my massai on Saturday.
    Jedi, I wish I could look at it like you do! Why am I such an instant gratification, impetuous fool?!
  14. LOL RC--I'm the impetuous category as well!
  15. Hi OC Mommy,

I suppose, all the leather goods? :graucho: Everything that I want? :sweatdrop: I like both of the male SAs there. We didn't discuss price increase though, such a morbid topic. Did you see the two kellys in the store? Thank god I'm not into them, otherwise my bank account would really hurt.