turtle leather vintage bag

1. Hi, I am new here. My name is Biep and I live in Belgium (Europe), near Brussels.
    Maybe you all can advise me a little. I saw a Turtle leather vintage travelbag on a second hand fair. It was a relatively big bag and in stunning condition, dating from the 1920's (sorry for the Turtle, but the bag already existed before I was born). I would never buy new Turtle leather because of the endangered species, but this one was vintage en extremely special and beautiful ! The lady who sold this bag asked about 400 $ which to my opinion is fantasticly cheap...however I didn't had this kind of money on me at that moment because I already bought a lot of antiques, so I didn't bought the bag. I am quiete sure that she will still have it next month, when the next fair is planned, so I am thinking about buying it. Not only because it is beautiful or in Turtle leather, but I think it has an antique value nowadays.
    What would you all, experts, advise me to do ?
    PS : bought a Pollini designer bag as well (from the same lady) in brandnew condition and paid 100 $ for it. Don't you think this is the bargain of the month ? I did....and I am very happy with it.
    Let me know what you think, I would appreciate it very much...