Tulum: PM or GM?

1. I finally sold my beloved BH - to someone I met on eBay who happens to also be an awesome tPF member - so I'm seriously thinking about what to replace her with now. I won't decide for sure until I get to the store later this week and try things on, but I think I've got it mostly narrowed down to the Tulum.

Thanks to LV_Addict, though, I'm now considering both sizes. The PM is smaller, although still fairly good sized at 11.8" x 9.1" x 4.3" -- and would be a good size for an everyday bag. The GM is Really Large - 13.4" x 11" x 5.5" - almost exactly the same size as the BH. The GM has a very cool strap that you can wear either short (over the shoulder), or long (crossbody). My fiance, being the practical guy he is, voted for the larger one because of that strap - but he probably doesn't know it's $260 more!

Does anyone have the Tulum GM...or have photos of it on someone? Would it be massively enormous as a shoulder bag? I'm semi-tall (5'7") so I can pull off a larger bag, but this one really seems huge.

Which one would you choose...and why?
    tulum_pm_1090.jpg tulum_gm_1350.jpg
  2. I like the PM. I tried it on in the store, and it is not a small bag by any means.
  3. I love them both :tender: ...I love the size of the PM (perfect) but I love the versatile strap of the GM (perfect for those day when you want to be hands free). If I had to choose one I would go for the GM because of the functionality, and since you are 5'7" I think the GM would look great on you...I have a few pics, not of myself but from elux and some fellow PFer's I have them as a reference also because I am thinking of getting the GM...sorry I don't remember the names of the PFer's that I borrowed these from, I hope it's okay! hope this helps hippiechic! :yes:

btw...the last pic on the shoulder is a PM
    mono tulum gm body $1350.jpg mono tulum gm shoulder $1350.jpg Tulum GM Body.jpg Tulum PM Shoulder.jpg
  4. I would go for the GM.

I am hoping to get one too. And I too am also considering selling my batignolles horizontal on eBay.

I'm glad to hear you had success w/ yours:graucho:
  5. I vote GM!!!:yes: Good luck!!!
  6. Thanks for the pics - that helps a lot! :flowers:

It seems like the GM is big to carry around on a daily basis, but maybe I could just do what I did with the BH - if I only want to take a few things with me, just use a pochette. Food for thought...
  7. let us know what you get hippiechic!
  8. the GM! :smile:
  9. I vote for the Tulum PM! It's casual, comfortable and just the RIGHT size! Not to mention the $260 PRICE difference. But as you mentioned, you won't know until you actually carry it on your shoulder to be SURE that it'll STAY:p
  10. I saw a very sophisticated looking lady carrying the GM today. I've never really liked this shape, but that has totally changed my mind because it just looked so damn good on her ! So my vote goes to the Tulum GM !
  11. I have the GM and love it. I personally don't see much difference between the two other than the strap lengths.
  12. Ha, you are SO right about that! I don't want to have to go through the whole eBay ordeal with the next bag. :push: I have another bag with rings on the shoulder strap much like the Tulum, which stays on just perfectly... so I have high hopes for this one! I'll let you know what I end up with... :graucho:
  13. Oooh! Are there pics of you wearing the GM anywhere?
  14. No, but I can take some right now if you like?

15. Oh yeah! I'd love to see it too--both worn traditionally and messenger style.

Thanks elongreach. I know that it will help hippiechic.....and me too :lol: