TTC After A Loss

1. Anyone else here trying to conceive after a pregnancy loss?

We've had two.
    Our first, Emma Victoria:heart:, was stillborn 12-28-2003 @ 30 weeks. I developed severe ecclampsia and went into seizures. During that time, the umbilical cord became wrapped around her neck and we lost her.

Our second angel:heart: was miscarried 01-19-2007 @ 7 weeks. The docs said it was just a normal miscarriage (if you can call a miscarriage normal).

I just thought those of us who have experienced a loss could use the support of us other purse-loving ttc'ers who have been there too.

2. I am so sorry about your loss. While I don't have any personal experience, I have heard many successful stories with people who have healthy babies after losses.

iVillage have some boards who provide excellent support and there are a lot of compassionate women out there. And of course we are all here to support you as well. Best of luck!

3. I'm sorry about your loss, mama. I haven't experienced anything like that, but I have dealt with dissapointment and grief. DH and I have been trying to conceived for a long time now, to no avail. It's nice for you to suggest supporting each other. :smile:

4. I generally don't talk about this because it is hard , but I have had 6 pregnancies, only have 2 living children, and this pregnancy which appears to be viable. I did find this when I was on pregnancy boards-I have never personally used it, but I would definitely feel this is worth looking into more, Optivite vitamins:
    http://ccli.org/aboutccl/history/nutritionconnect.php

Early miscarriage without proper development of the child is also known to be related to short luteal phase in some cases. Because Optivite can improve the luteal phase, we have recommended it for repeated miscarriage. There is no direct research on this topic that I am aware of, but after reading my recommendation of Optivite as a possible aid to prevent early miscarriage, Dr. Abraham contacted me by phone assuring me that we were on the right track. He, in fact, suggested that I undertake research along these lines. I begged off, explaining that I had six children (more since then).​

5. I'm very sorry for your losses.
    I have had 2 m/cs and 2 healthy children. I had an early m/c w/ my first pg after which I very quickly became pg w/ my first dd who was born perfectly healthy. Then I had a m/c when TTC my 2nd. One month later, I became pg w/ my 2nd dd who was also born perfectly healthy.
    All of my m/cs were diagnosed as just "normal".

6. I am sorry for your losses~ I too was just there recently. Last Oct. I miscarried and was not sure if I wanted to go through TTC again. As soon as my 3 months waiting period was up..it was GAME ON! I decided I wanted to try again. Having stated this, I am currently 27 weeks pregnant. Having a little trouble...but okay. I have decided that this baby boy will be my last time. It has become increasingly hard to be pregnant. This of course is just me and my body. I have a medical condition which impacts my pregnancy and as I get older it is that much harder on my body (I am 32). Mentall/physically~ I can't do it again. I am a very strong woman but I must listen to by body.

I hope and pray that you will concieve healthfully. My thoughts and prayers are with all women who have had this difficulty as it is truely only to be understood if you have been there yourself.

((((Hugs)))) and :heart: to all~

7. I'm so very sorry for your losses. I have been through infertility treatment and have had 6 pregnancies with two live births (hopefully 3).

I had 1 ectopic and lost my left fallopian tube last year.
    I had two miscarriages, 1 at 11 weeks and one at 9-10weeks.

8. Oh sweetie...so sorry for your losses. :sad: 30 weeks and during the holidays yet is EXTREMELY hard.

I lost twins at 23 weeks on Christmas Eve due to PTL - I have 2 healthy girls now, but I was a wreck during both of my pregnancies with them. I had to go through ART to get pregnant - no joy in any of it, but worth it in the end and I knew if I never had a baby, at least I did all that I could.

As a another mother who had losses once told me - "you WILL find happiness again," and I did, and so will you...hugs...

9. I had an early miscarriage at 8 weeks in 2004 and my daughter Leah was stillborn at 27 weeks in February 2005. My placenta abrupted and she twisted on her cord.
    On May 30, 2006 my wonderful son Andrew was born. I was nervous constantly and went to my OB/GYN 3x per week to hear his heartbeat starting at @14 weeks. It was a perfect pregnancy with no complications. My perinatologist had me on a variety of vitamins from the time we found out I was pregnant.
    We're hoping to have another baby eventually.

10. I had issues getting pregnant (i.e. fertility treatments, but not ivf). I got pregnant the first time around, but miscarried at around 8 weeks. Emotionally, I couldn't handle it... I'd gotten my hopes so built up.... so I took a "break" and came back to doing it about 5 months later. Well, I'm happy to say I have a healthy baby girl, who just turned two. With my most recent pregnancy, I was pregnant with twins, but miscarried one of them at 11 weeks. Christian is now 6 months old and huge. :smile:

Sometimes YOU have to be ready for it. I know we always feel like we are in a race with our biological clocks... I know I still feel that way. Part of me wants to have #3 already. I'm insane! haha. My kids are already 18 months apart.

11. I am so sorry for you losses....HUGS to you!

I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy at 10 weeks. I was a mess....my younger sister was also expecting at the same time and was having a normal pregnancy. I had such anger and jealousy but I knew in my heart that everything happens for a reason. Three months later I became pregnant again and this time had a smooth pregnancy. I am now a mother to a healthy, happy three year old who is the love of my life.

On another note, till it happened to me, I did not realize how often miscarriage happens. After I had one, I came to find out how many people I knew had had one. It really helped talking about it to them....so I am so happy you started this thread.

12. I am so sorry for your losses :sad:. I am not TTC now, but I did miscarry my second pregnancy at 10 weeks. My OB told me to wait 3 cycles before trying again, but there were other plans from a higher power...I found out that I was pregnant with my son 1.5 months later. Hang in there, and babydust your way!

13. I'm very, very sorry to hear of everyone's loses. I have 1 ds who is 3.5 now and I had a m/c @ 9.5 weeks in July. We have been trying since August. I'm 3 days late right now but have gotten 2 BFN :sad: I HOPE I can pregnant again. Baby dust to all of you!

14. Sorry to hear about your loss AlohaGirl01. Good luck and hope you get a BFP!

15. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can only share from my experience.

I suffer from hyperemesis gravidarum, which is a severe form of morning sickness that completely debililtates me. During my first pregnancy, I was so sick I could not even keep my own saliva down and was so dehydrated I developed kidney stones. I lost around 6 kg in 8 weeks and lost my baby at 12 weeks.

To prepare myself to conceive again, I put on extra weight above my normal and went to see a qualified traditional chinese medicine practitioner. I did this because Western medicine says there is NOTHING I can do to prevent HG again and I can only wait to conceive etc. But in TCM, I was given hope - that HG can be prevented/lessened, and I can go on to carry healthily. I was also told that TCM can make labor a lot easier.

After weekly acupunctures and herbal treatment, I conceived again after 3 months and this time around, I had morning sickness, not HG, which was far more manageable. The rest of my pregnancy was easy and my labor was only an incredible 2 hours 20 minutes (stage 1 and stage 2 total).