trying to lose that last 5 lbs

1. So, with something important coming up in my life , I decided I wanted to slim down a little and start eating healthier. At first the weight came off fast and now I seem to be at a plateau. I am exercising and eating healthy ( got it down to about 1300 cal a day) but I have only a month left and need to figure out how to start up this weight loss again and drop the last 5. Any suggestions? thx!
  2. Can you post what your daily nutrition and fitness routine looks like? It may give us a better idea of how to help you :smile:
  3. And maybe weight and height?! Sometimes those last 5 pounds just dont come off if you're already very thin for ur frame.
  4. hey

currently I am 5'1"and 115 pounds.

Workout is mainly cardio and I am starting to do yoga

Food is mainly fruits and veggies, oatmeal, tuna, egg whites, salads. I have cut out bread, trans fats, sweets, soda, and most dairy. I have been trying to drink green tea daily and I have been putting lemon juice in my water.

Any suggestions? :smile:
  5. At 5'1" and 115 pounds, you're at a normal weight. Your body may be trying to tell you that it's comfortable at your current weight. I know that may sound strange, but sometimes we need to listen to our bodies and how we feel.

How often are you working out? If you're working out 5-6 days a week and only eating 1300 calories per day, you may be eating too little to support your activity level. If that is the case, your body goes into "starvation mode" and hangs onto body fat, causing you to plateau. You may want to try upping your calories a bit and experimenting with different caloric intakes until you start losing weight again.

Also, do you lift weights at all? Weight training builds muscle and increases your metabolism, causing you to burn more calories daily. Not to mention muscles are hot :nuts:

Lastly, try switching up your cardio. Try a new machine or group exercise class, try High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT, do a Google search) and switch things up a bit.

6. Hey, we are very similar! I am 5'2 115 and trying to lose the last five and having trouble! It was also easy to lose until I got here. Definitely still have some extra fat, but it's like when I dip below 115 I get soooooo hungry and it's hard to maintain it.

All I can think of is as above, maybe try a little weight training. It raises your metabolism all the time. And you look better, too!
  7. Hmmm, you may be right Christina ..maybe its not so much the weight but my hips! I look like a pear! All the fat goes right to my hips and I really want to slim those down , as well as tone up my stomach but the weight loss would help lol
  8. oh yes, I work out like 4 times a week and do intervals. I end up burning about 500 calories and running 5 miles. I was doing weight training, until I pulled a muscle hah!
  9. I think i know how you feel, i was at the weight about two years ago. Right out of college and trying to get down to 105-110 ish. I actually did lose the weight and still keeping it off, but it was a struggle. I ended up making the gym my second home and it sort of still is!! this is what i did:
    -gym 6 times a week *30 mins elliptical/20 mins bike/20 mins stairs and some weight lifting (3 times a week) and *45 mins running/30 mins bike the other 3 days.

Ok that seems like a lot but honestly i believe that those last 5 pounds come off only with exercise. I usually incorporate intervals into my exercises so i dont get bored, but i think it's also important that you're not exercising at the lowest level. I usually put my bike resistence at 7 for 10 mins, back down to 5/6 for 5 mins and last 5 mins back up to 7. I see a lot of people at the gym that exercise at level 1 and i just want to push that "up" button for them.
    It took me a good year to lose those last few pounds only because i think my body was already at a low bare with it! and good luck!
  10. Maybe jumpstart your cardio by really adding quick bursts of energy, i.e. walk for 10 minutes, then run as fast as you can for 30 seconds then repeat? Or how about doing more reps on your weight training without resting too much in between sets?
  11. Have you ever heard of Isagenix? After having my second child, I could not get off the last 10 lbs. On that program, I lost 7.5 pounds in 9 days. It is a body cleanse program (not a colon cleanse) and it was really easy to do. They have a website.
  12. I know what you mean about the hips and tummy. I'd be so happy with my body if I didn't have a muffin top in my jeans....
  13. No advertising, please. Re-read the rules.
  14. lol my problem are is my upper body also! although my bust and hips are proportional, i am a slight inverted triangle (broad shoulders) and i tend to hold weight around my middle.

for me what just started working is what others have posted above, really high intensity interval training (i do it where i can't go more than 2-3 minutes) (after running at a pretty easy pace for the first 15) and weights (which i just started again last week). i think it is really raising my resting metabolism because i today was the first day i went to the gym since friday and although i ate pretty moderately i didn't diet over the holiday weekend and i actually lost almost three pounds. i feel like it is a miracle! now i just hope i can maintain and maybe lose just a few more!
  15. i'm in the same boat..the last 5-10 pounds from baby is not coming's not even so much as the pounds..but the extra squishy fatty stuff i don't like