Truths about the TRAPEZE

I wouldn't recommend that too, I've seen it in person and it really looks delicate and the SA specifically told me upfront that you cannot put heavy stuff into it.

For a casual school bag from Celine I might recommend Shoulder luggage or even cabas which is really lightweight and I think should hold a lot more than the trapeze without pulling the handle.

Oh no :sad: That's too bad that it is so delicate because it is such a lovely bag and I tend to put many things inside my bags :sad: Thank you for your recommendations! I already have a citron mini luggage so I wanted to go for a different Celine in a darker color :smile: I just worry about the cabas lacking a zipper because I don't want anything to fall out!

Thank you for your reply! Yes I was worried about this issue when I was contemplating on a trapeze for a school bag but I guess I would have to keep searching for now :sad: I have a mini luggage in citron and while I love putting everything and it's mom inside this bag, I feel that it will be difficult for citron to match my dark-toned wardrobe in the winter. Trying to find a school bag is so difficult :P I just really adore the trapeze bag!

Oh I totally understand you! My trapeze stole my heart! I haven't used any of my minis since got her... Hehe. But for functionality in grad school I would probably go for a shoulder lugagge like redturtle mentioned. That way you can carryit around easily. Shoulder luggages just look so classy in colors like dune and camel! And it would match your winter wardrobe ;)

OMG. My heart stopped today when the clasp on my trapeze broke. I've only had it for 2.5 months (i only use it about 1-2 times a week)... and I can't find the original recipt. I'm hoping a credit card statement will do for the warranty. :crybaby:

OMG. My heart stopped today when the clasp on my trapeze broke. I've only had it for 2.5 months (i only use it about 1-2 times a week)... and I can't find the original recipt. I'm hoping a credit card statement will do for the warranty. :crybaby:

OMG!!!!!! :wtf: did the clasp break off from the bag, or the clasp itself broke??

omg omg :wtf:!!! i read about someone having the same issue! t'was either a python or croc stamped (can't exactly recall) 1st gen Trap, where the clasp, the square metal actually detached from the hinge! i thought the bag's condition was an isolated case, esp bec it came from the orig batch. this has gotten very very serious...

so sorry this happened. did you contact your seller yet? sending hugs your way! :hugs:

omg omg :wtf:!!! i read about someone having the same issue! t'was either a python or croc stamped (can't exactly recall) 1st gen Trap, where the clasp, the square metal actually detached from the hinge! i thought the bag's condition was an isolated case, esp bec it came from the orig batch. this has gotten very very serious...

so sorry this happened. did you contact your seller yet? sending hugs your way! :hugs:

I didn't think Celine bags would have many issues (the quality and workmanship look pretty good to me). I thought Designerdiva's bag having her strap stitching slightly unravelling would be the first and last issue with the trapeze. We bought them both around the same time (and same bag colorway) so maybe it was a bad batch (or just bad luck).

The first thing I did was contact the department store I purchased it from, they said its under a one year warranty with Celine so they will send it back to get it fixed (provided I can find my receipt...):smile:

Last edited:

Omg noooo I literally gasped when I read this. You're talking about your royal blue tricolor right? :sad: omg I really hope they fix it fast or give you a new one! *hugs*

I didn't think Celine bags would have many issues (the quality and workmanship look pretty good to me). I thought Designerdiva's bag having her strap stitching slightly unravelling would be the first and last issue with the trapeze. We bought them both around the same time (and same bag colorway) so maybe it was a bad batch (or just bad luck).

The first thing I did was contact the department store I purchased it from, they said its under a one year warranty with Celine so they will send it back to get it fixed (provided I can find my receipt...):smile:
that's a bit of good news already! great immediate CS... pls keep us updated. on another note, could it be that the hinge got rusty? :-s

Omg noooo I literally gasped when I read this. You're talking about your royal blue tricolor right? :sad: omg I really hope they fix it fast or give you a new one! *hugs*

i know right?! i'm so really really worried! *good vibes* *fingers crossed* :sweatdrop:

Yep, I'm so sad to have to send it off after so little time with it :sad: I'm happy to see all you lovely ladies enjoying yours though ;)

that's a bit of good news already! great immediate CS... pls keep us updated. on another note, could it be that the hinge got rusty? :-s.

I'll keep you all posted. I don't think the hinge could rust, i don't live in a humid place nor would I ever use it in the rain. I think the spring (if it exists) in the clasp is broken?!?

Yep, I'm so sad to have to send it off after so little time with it :sad: I'm happy to see all you lovely ladies enjoying yours though ;)

I'll keep you all posted. I don't think the hinge could rust, i don't live in a humid place nor would I ever use it in the rain. I think the spring (if it exists) in the clasp is broken?!?

ahh yes, that could be it. i hope you get her back soonest possible :flowers:

Does anybody know if Celine still makes trapeze bags with leather body and wings and suede flap (like the royal blue we have all been coveting)?

My SA told me that all trapeze bags now have suede wings. I'm hoping to get a Royal Blue (stalking eBay like a madwoman) but if I can't I still would prefer the suede flap and all leather body and wings. Are there other color combinations like this?

TIA:flowers:

Soluxe said:
Does anybody know if Celine still makes trapeze bags with leather body and wings and suede flap (like the royal blue we have all been coveting)?

My SA told me that all trapeze bags now have suede wings. I'm hoping to get a Royal Blue (stalking eBay like a madwoman) but if I can't I still would prefer the suede flap and all leather body and wings. Are there other color combinations like this?

TIA:flowers:

Yes they do there's new ones coming out for Fall! Here is a photo, I'm waiting for the red flap!! Will be available at Hirshleifers and Kirna Zabete.

Attachments

• image-3027644995.jpg
    image-3027644995.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,743
  • image-287814110.jpg
    image-287814110.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,686