Trouble with purchase at Mercer MJ NYU

thebeartrack

Jan 7, 2007
I was considering buying a black quilted Elise but they didn't have any in stock. I asked the CA if they would let me know when they came in. They emailed me the authorization form, but I changed my mind about the bag and never returned it, nor did I speak further to the CA. Lo and behold, he sent it to me anyhow!:wtf: Being polite, I thought well, what the heck, I'll keep it. But after three weeks, still no vibes for me. I called and asked about a return and they said, "Store credit or exchange only within seven days." :yucky:

No, I didn't read the fine print at the bottom of my receipt and now it seems I am stuck with a bag that I could have returned from Eluxury or a department store. Moral of the story? Don't buy from a MJ Boutique if you are unsure about the bag and haven't seen it in real life. :crybaby:

Yeah..that's how it is when you buy from a MJ boutique...You can return it and have store credit..That way you can what you want at a later date..:shrugs:
You must feel awful...I would hate to get 'stuck' with a bag I don't want...that's a lot of $$$ out the window..I feel awful for you!

You know....i HAVE HAD awesome experiences with the NY store.Ask for Kristen Jensen..manager..she is a super sweetie next time....They send me stuff just to look at without paying in advance.(on consignment)

ALWAYS..Check the return policy..MOST boutiques(PRADA,MJ...) ONLY offer store credit ONLY

Sorry to hear about that! You should call and explain the story to them, perhaps they'll give you store credit. I once ordered a bag from MJ and once I rec'd it, decided that I didn't want it and they were willing to refund me my money. You have to be polite and persistent, sometimes they will be willing to work with you.

Sorry to hear about that! You should call and explain the story to them, perhaps they'll give you store credit. I once ordered a bag from MJ and once I rec'd it, decided that I didn't want it and they were willing to refund me my money. You have to be polite and persistent, sometimes they will be willing to work with you.[/quote

I followed your advice and my problem was resolved successfully.:yahoo: I did make a suggestion to them that they require a signature before sending bags to prevent this kind of problem from happening again. It's bad for the customer and bad for the company. I think that they have the SA on quotas and they perhaps may stretch things to make that quota. JMHO Kudos to the Sales Manager for his prompt handling on this matter and his professional attitude. :angel: Would definitely buy here again.