Trish zip bowler in all black?

1. Hey everyone,

I believe this bag is from 2006 (I think) and therefore virtually impossible to find (also because the striping line appears to have been quite popular). But it's worth a shot anyhow bc I am so in love with this bag. Does anyone know where I can find this bag (besides eBay) for about $800 give or take? TIA!

2. just had a thought...if you don't mind the trish zip bowler's bigger sister Hudson, the SF MJ store might still have one left in the black with black patent stripes! ask for Peter, the manager. I have and love this bag too, esp the all leather teal lining! HTH!

[​IMG]

3. Starry
    I have this bag and even tho I love it and think it's really cute, it's pretty small, it does hold quite a bit, but doesn't really fit over the shoulder as it's pretty wide (slips off) also it doesn't fit over a coat, imo the Hudson is a much better bag for an everybag bag, it's ok as a special occasion bag only :smile:

4. Hey kitcat and beany, thanks so much for the feedback/info...it's very helpful. Kitcat, I take it that the all black Hudson is going for the retail price? Beany, I've seen pics for it and I thought it was a decent medium sized bag to fit all the essentials and then some, I did realize it would be a handheld bag so that was ok with me too. Hmm things to think about...I'm just very disappointed that I missed out on the Bagborroworsteal sale, I had the zip bowler in my shopping cart and everything but then when I went to check out the next day the item was unavailable. :crybaby:

5. ok...one more for you starrynite116...i know, i know...but I think these striping bags are great!

it's not a zip bowler, but i think it's just as great, IMO better! it's a black trish. it's about the same size of the zip bowler, but comes with a great longer strap!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160197081176&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

ask for pics if you are interested...the bin price is cheaper than what you wanted to spend on the zip bowler!

p.s. Christine Taylor has this bag in the celebs thread.

6. ok...one more for you starrynite116...i know, i know...but I think these striping bags are great!

it's not a zip bowler, but i think it's just as great, IMO better! it's a black trish. it's about the same size of the zip bowler, handheld and comes with a longer strap for those moments you want a shoulderbag! fyi...my trish handles fit on my shoulder too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160197081176&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

ask for pics if you are interested...the bin price is cheaper than what you wanted to spend on the zip bowler!

p.s. Christine Taylor has this bag in the celebs thread. here's a quick pic to reference.
    [​IMG]

7. Ok, I saw this IRL today while waiting for my lunch order. I wanted to follow this lady home. :amuse: It is really a beautiful bag. I wonder what I will do if I see a REAL Stam in person? :upsidedown:

**Let me apologize now to that lady if she is reading the MJ forum. I am really not deranged, just in awe.

8. Ooooh kitcat, I like the Trish also esp cause it's bigger. But wait a minute, based on that ebay listing, it's black with brown patent stripes? Hmmm...I was looking for an all black bag (both the body and the stripes). Does this color even exist for the Trish or am I just imagining things? Thanks for all your help so far btw, it's very much appreciated. :ty:

9. The trish never came in the black with black stripes. The hudson did. However I love the dark brown stripes more, because it really makes this bag unbelievely chic! The one above with Christine Taylor is black with brown. The brown is very subtle and looks like black in a lot of pictures. (Kelly Ripa and Nikki Hilton have the black with brown Hudsons...I saw a hudson in black with black stripe IRL, and it just didn't look as eye-catching to me.

Here is some info on colors/prices of these striping bags for your ref from baglover's previous post:
    (source: Marc Jacobs Look Book - Fall 2006 Collections)

* STRIPING *

ZIP BOWLER
    C362076
    12.5 x 8 x 6"
    $1095USD
    Color: Black, Chili, Dark Brown, Chestnut

HUDSON
    C362077
    14 x 10.5 x 4.5"
    $1275USD
    Colors: Black, Chili, Dark Brown, Chestnut

TRISH
    C362079
    14 x 9 x 8"
    $1350USD
    Color: Black, Chili, Dark Brown, Chestnut

HTH!

10. you're not deranged...me and hubby did the same recently at a mall, but it was so that we could get a look at a fake stam!

11. i love the striping line and had a black with brown trish. the stripes are very dark so they dont break up the black too much but just enough to add some really rich depth to the bag.

heres a photo of my old trish :crybaby:

[​IMG]

12. ^ wow! that bag is beautiful. may i ask why you don't have it anymore or why you decided to get rid of it?

13. have you tried calling the boutiques? LA still had quite a few bags from the striped line.