Trip To Tokyo, Japan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'l be going to Tokyo in a few weeks time on holiday.

I heard that there is a big second-hand market (with dedicated shops) for designer bags there. Do any of you know where these shops are?

Any other advice?

Definetly check out SHIBUYA which is a part of Tokyo they have the best shopping and all of these 8-10 story malls, they also have really great small boutiques scattered around. If you hop on the train for a 15/20 min train ride you can go to GINZA which has some serious shopping . All the high -end boutiques as well as some great Japanese dept. stores. HAVE FUN!!!

3. ^ That sounds fantastic! It is one of my dreams to visit Japan someday. *sigh*
  4. wow, i'd like to visit Tokyo too!! i've been hearing a lot about the harajuku district :graucho:
  5. I went to Tokyo last year, it was very, very fun! Definitely try the ramen noodle shops, very yummy! i didn't visit second hand stores there last time, but their retail is almost twice as expensive as the US! Makes me wonder how cheap their second hand could be...

PM me if you want more Tokyo trip details!
  6. Hi there,
    I lived in Tokyo for several years and loved shopping there! A great second-hand shop (or "recyle shop" as they are known) is called Redtag, or rt, in Ginza. There are several levels with brands cheapest on the first floor ending in hermes and cartier on the top. Their website is

Enjoy your vacation!!!
  7. I am from Tokyo. Ragtag has a few branches but prices are expensive compare to here in the US.. (except those designers made in Japan, e.g. Comme des Garcons, Yohji Yamamoto or Histeric Gramour) Might be worth checking but I did not want you to be dissapointed...They are a chain store kind of like Buffalo Exchange.
    There are may other small resale boutiques but they are all over and not in just one place.
  8. I used to live in Tokyo (but this was about 5 years ago) and some of the resale shops I remember were in Jiyugaoka or Shimo-Kitazawa (so, in Tokyo, on the Inokashira train line), and slightly off the beaten path. I'll try and think of the names of them . . . my aunt used to go to one in Shimo-kita for LV.
  9. I'm going to Tokyo, too, in a few weeks. Thanks for the info, everyone!!
  10. Oh my goodness- I was in Tokyo a couple years ago at this time, its super HOT and extremely humid- bring lots of summer clothes!
  11. Thanks to everbody who replied.

I am really looking forward to this trip and I am sure I will enjoy it.
  12. Nice! I'll keep this in mind when I go to Japan in August :biggrin:
  13. I've been to Tokyo twice. They have a great selection of new and second hand market for designer handbags and clothes. If you have a kinokuniya store (japanese magazine and book store) in your city, go and visit there first. Buy a designer magazine such as "brands off" etc...they have addresses in japanese. Organise a volunteer good will guide who will be able to take you around. There's no fee except for paying for there transport and meals. It saves alot of time and you getting lost.
    The japanese address system is very confusing and hard to get around.

Good luck with your adventures and eat heaps of ramen and sushi!!!! It's out of this world-best ever.
  14. this sounds like a great idea!! :yes: how exactly does it work?
  15. Hi,there. I'm Japanese and living in Tokyo.
    You know well about Tokyo! Almost shops are starting summer bargain!! I highly recommend 109, the department store in Shibuya if you want to buy cheap fashionable clothes. If you want second hand brandname goods, you had better to go to Shinjuku or Shibuya.I hope you can enjoy staying and shopping in Tokyo!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.