Trip to Paris...

1. My fiance and I decided to go to Paris this weekend for a quick trip, so we hopped on the Eurostar on Friday night. We woke up early Saturday morning and it was a beautiful Parisian day. We walked around Faubourg St. Honore and stopped in the Hermes store :smile:. It was early, so the store was relatively empty and the staff were really friendly and helpful. A young man helped us out and I was looking at the bags on display. After I while, I got the courage to ask about a birkin. He walked to the computer and they only had a crocodile with diamonds in stock. Then I asked about a Kelly and it turns out they had quite a few in the store, so I asked for the orange one. He brought out a beautiful 32 Kelly in Swift with Palladian hardware. I immediately fell in love with it. My sweet fiance said we would take it and it would be my wedding present because we are getting married in September (we actually got engaged in Paris last year):smile::smile::smile::smile:. It's my very first H bag and I just can't stop looking at it. I LOVE PARIS!!!
  2. Congratulations, Alo6! What a lovely story!
  3. OH MY GOD!!! I love your story! And what a wonderful bag! An orange Kelly in swift is on my ever-changing list of grail bags!
    Pictures Pictures Pictures!
  4. Aaaawww! What a sweet fiancée you have. That sure is a nice wedding present!
  5. that truly is the best story.

it could be a movie...

sleep on the Eurostar...walking into Hermes and your wonderful fiance saying we will take it.

i just love it.

now we need pics!
  6. Oh such a classic bag, in their signature colour. Kelly's have such a history, quelle elegance! Congrats on your wedding, what many blessings there are in store for you!
  7. Congratulations for your forthcoming wedding! And what a fab present! Please show pics!
  8. I really don't know what to congratulate on first...

...the nice trip, the fine bag or your upcoming wedding!!!

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!
  9. I still feel like I'm in a dream. I'll post pics tonight as I can't seem to find the camera right now. It is such a beautiful bag.
  10. OMG OMG OMG TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!! :yahoo::yahoo: I'm hyperventillating :yahoo::yahoo:

... ok...

OMG I am actually taking the Eurostar to Paris with my daddy this Saturday... might I ask you for the SA's name? I will be calling tomorrow... I'm PRAYING they still have some Kellys left!!!!
  11. I believe the SA's name was Nicholas. I think that it is best to go when the store opens, when things are still calm and the SAs can give you their undivided attention. They seem to have quite a few Kellys in stock because I was able to pick the color and size. I took the advice of other PF posts and did not immediately ask for a Kelly/Birkin and took my time browsing at the other bags. GOOD LUCK! Have a wonderful trip.
  12. Sorry it's not the best photo. I used the camera on my mac's screen. I'll post more when I find my camera.
  13. YUMMY!!!!
    Such a happy bag! Congrats!!!
  14. Gorgoeus bag with a beautiful memory attached, enjoy and cherish the bag!
  15. what a sweet story! and the bag is TDF! congratulaions on the bag and your upcoming wedding!