Trim vs. Evelyne

1. Hi, everyone!
    Would anyone please let me know the price of both bags? Which one is more practial? which one would you prefer? And in what size? Is there any other bags you recommend other than Birkin, Kelly and Bolide from Hermes (in another word, not as expensive, but I want all leather bag)? You guys advice is always very helpful and informative! I don't know what I can do without you guys' help regarding my Hermes activity(?):rolleyes: :roflmfao: !

2. Hi aspenmartial, I love both of these bags! At these price points I can never remember the exact prices but generally, Evelynes (PM/PM 2 and GM/GM 2) run around $1,500-$2,000 while Trims are well above $3,000. Because I get shoulder aches after carrying shoulder bags for a while, I prefer the Evelyne in the PM size (28cm). As far as practicality, it depends on how you plan to use them. I like the Trim because it has a zipper closure and the handle is short enough to carry as a handbag yet long enough to wear on your shoulder. I like the Evelyne because you can wear it on your shoulder or across your body as a messenger; however, I do not like the canvas strap as it can get soiled more easily. I don't mind the Evelyne's open top too much since it lays flat against the body.

Another favorite style of mine (all-leather) is the Berlingot. The strap is adjustable and it has a zippered top. It's compact yet it can accommodate your essentials very easily.

3. Oh, Thank you! Wow, I did not know Trim is MUCH more expensive than evelyne...I thought they are in a similar range...

4. Do you have a picture of the Berlingot? It sounds interesting.

5. i think the evelyne goes for 2,300-3,000, depending on size and leather (between the gm & pm). the trim is closer to 4,000. i love the massai, it's like a compromise between the 2 options, and comes with 2 different straps (for shoulder and messenger styles) but it is lined in fabric (2,800 or 3,000). my cacahuete is around 3,000 now i think, and it's all leather (shoulder bag). what style/use do you have in mind?

6. There is a bag called a vespa as well that is very similar to the two bags you're condsidering...although I haven't seen one of these in a while.

7. i thought the vespa was tiny.

8. I kind of see Evelyne as more of a casual bag whereas Trim can be casual and business. I will wear a Trim to work any day (hoping to get one in ostrich 29cm in the future) but I cannot imagine myself carrying a Evelyne PM for work. Just my two cents tho.:flowers:

9. Thank you guys!!

10. Vespa - H22 x W31 x D8......the Trim comes in W15, W31 or W38 and Evelyn - H30 x W28 x D9 or H30 x W32 x D9 so not too much difference????

11. so interesting. thank you. i don't have pics of the vespa on an arm, and didn't look at the measurements, though i'm sure i must have them in one of my mags. oops.
    definitely agree the trim has more of a conservative edge. the evelyne could work for business casual, no question, especally if you shorten the strap by hooking it into a twilly or scarf so it's a shoulder bag.

12. I have the small verision of the Vespa and it's perfect for slinging across your chest to hold just the essentials. I can fit a cell phone, business card holder, pens, small wallet, small measuring tape and walkie-talkie and that's about it. I don't really use it for anything other than at work where I'm walking around 7 acres of land and have to carry just the work essentials. I DO use it when I run out of the house to run errands (dry cleaners, Petco....). It has an open top and a chain that slides through a hole in the front of the bag...I'll post pics tomorrow!

13. oh lord was i way off. SO thinking of something else entirely. oh so so bad. i totally know the vespa bag then - not at all tiny. that sounds like it holds plenty too, and it ought to. similar to the evelyne, imo, in shape.

14. Yeah - it kind of looks like a fob-chain? I quite like it! Yours sounds smaller than the one I've seen, though, Shopmom? Quite a handy size by the sound of it.