Tried a "DIY" modify of the large bleeker flap strap...

1. I LOVE the bag so much but I'm only 5" and the strap is a little long for my liking, so I set about to try to do something to shorten it up. It cannot be doubled in any way, but what I did was take the strap part w/the three holes and took it out of the bottom part of the buckle, kinda like bypassing the whole buckle mechanism altogether. Then I just slid it down to where I wanted it length-wise, recliped the dog leash thing, and just pushed the rest of the strap w/the three holes into the purse itself. Then I look an old hangtag-clasp and clasped one of the holes to the D ring inside of the bag to try to keep it from popping back up. I know its hard to visualize, but it seemed to really work! Of course, those of us who know what its supposed to look like will see only half of the gold buckle showing on the strap, but there is so much going on on the strap that you really cant tell that its not supposed to look that way! I'll have to see if when full it doesnt start to pull the strap back out, but its worth a shot. Then add some charms and the tattersall scarf and I might have just made my holy grail bag!!
  2. woo! I'm 4'10" and my swingpack felt a little funnt at first, but then I realized that I could shorten it.:upsidedown:
  3. That's such good news! I'm 5' 6" and it's long on me! I like it for me, it hits in the right place but a few more holes to shorten the length of the strap would probably have been nice! It's a great bag, congratulations!
  4. Can you post a pic of you wearing your modified bag?
  5. post a pic up pleaseeeeeeeeeee? :graucho:
  6. I'll see if I can get my daughter to do a photo for me - I'm electronically challenged!