Treatment in Hermes Stores

I have had good luck, in Boston, too. Kim is lovely and has called me a few times when she thinks I might like something that they just got in. Unfortunately, I'm only interested in one thing and they have yet to receive it. But I am always hopeful. DJ in Las Vegas and Kelly at SCP have been helpful and have sent items to me...always with a lovely note. There are great SA's out there...just have to hook up with the right ones. I also write notes, directly to the store manager, praising good service. Don't know if this helps, but it can't hurt. I figure everyone loves praise, especially when they sell high ticket items...all the time involved.

The only experience I have had is at SCP, too. There is an SA, Jasmine, who has been working for just about a month and she is lovely! I think it can help to have a green SA because they are looking to build relationships, as well. In any case, she seems like she is a nice person, overall: caring, prompt, gentle and genuinely excited for you when you find something amazing!:heart:

I have never ever had a really bad experience at my local store. However, I did have what I'd consider a dull one last week.

There is one SA I've never dealt with, because he never EVER asks me if I need help. He'll greet me and no more. So I went in 45 mins before closing last week after having sat in my hair stylists chair for 3 hours and was desperate to stretch my legs and get a pick me up. Plus, I'd lost my agenda and thought it was a great excuse to get one from H.
Sadly, he was the only one on the floor at the time and I told him I wanted a new agenda, and added (since I didn't think he knew my style) that I love colorful accessories. He showed me ONLY what was on display when I know full well there are drawers and drawers full of agendas. He didn't show me anything else, carmens, bookmarks anything. Halfway through looking at the rather bland array of display agendas my fave SA came down from the RTW section. I wanted to but I just didn't have the nerve to give the guy the boot and run to my fave for help and salvation. So, as I was getting ready to pay I turned around and spotted a lovely Ebene Lindy and asked him what color and what size it was. He answered me very plainly "30, ebene, will this agenda be all?"

Had I really been interested in something other than the agenda, I might have pushed for more. At the same time, he could have probably sold me that Lindy had he shown the slightest bit of enthusiasm. :shrugs:

Gosh Bella, I think I would have given him the heave-ho - what a cheek!

Thanks Mooks and Tamarind for your recommendations in NYC, I've already started a list :tup: As we will also be going to Boston, might just have to pop in there too after what Skyqueen and Opheliaflr have said :rolleyes:

Just walk in like you own the place but be polite ans smile. I'm not rich, but I make enough money to buy what I want. I have entered Hermes on Madison on many occassions in jeans and a nice coat, sometime wearing an Hemres scarf if its is cold, along with my younger brother --a firefighter who only wears his firehouse t-shirts and leather jackets-- and I have always received the finest service. They will show me as many scarves as I wish, walk me around the store, try ties on my brother. Just wear your confidence...you are as entitled to walk into Hermes as anyone else. Remember...they want you to buy, and the only way to do that is to go into the store lol. :tup:

Thanks Bags to Die for...

Ha ha.. I think that I will pay Jimmy a visit the next time I am in Singapore.... (I live just across the causeway)

I'll update all at TPF on my Quest for my first Birkin..... will it arrive before my Birthday??? Ha ha... wish me luck!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Hm.... on second thought... is the waiting list open??? Can I just order the bag to my specification???
All the SAs in Liat Tower are lovely if you ask me.

There's news that SG Hermes would be doing away with the waiting list. Birkins will only be offered to regular customers who appreciate the brand rather than just birkins. I know it's hard for you to build a relationship since you're staying across the causeway. Have you thought of trying Japan (though it's a little more expensive)?

All the SAs in Liat Tower are lovely if you ask me.

There's news that SG Hermes would be doing away with the waiting list. Birkins will only be offered to regular customers who appreciate the brand rather than just birkins. I know it's hard for you to build a relationship since you're staying across the causeway. Have you thought of trying Japan (though it's a little more expensive)?

ITA^^ esp store manager!

The ladies (and one man) in the store in Biarritz (France), if you ever go, were alright. I don't think they are used to younger people coming in (much less showing interest), and then when i dropped "lagon and ulysse," the lady was a little surprised. But then she said she didn't think the ulysse came in lagon, which of course i knew was wrong (in my mind ;)).

Very small store, btw.

^
Yes, I think they appreciate it when younger ones especially show that they have done some "research" or know the brand. ;) When I entered a store asking for a picotin biggest size right away one of the Sas suddenly became really attentive (Allthough I didn't get the pico, I got bunch of other stuff that time lol).

The ladies (and one man) in the store in Biarritz (France), if you ever go, were alright. I don't think they are used to younger people coming in (much less showing interest), and then when i dropped "lagon and ulysse," the lady was a little surprised. But then she said she didn't think the ulysse came in lagon, which of course i knew was wrong (in my mind ;)).

Very small store, btw.

In that store they where very nice to me. isn't biarritz gorgeous??? that little boutique is also really nice

In that store they where very nice to me. isn't biarritz gorgeous??? that little boutique is also really nice

I really liked Biarritz, although if I had to pick a town...I would probably pick San Sebastian. It was prettier and felt a bit classier than Biarritz...but I was in B on a holiday, when the only people out were surfers...so that might have made a difference. (I think Spanish people have beautiful taste in clothing, generally).

And Liberté - I always do my homework before I go in...:yes:

Speaking of going in...stopped by H Bordeaux today, and contrary to past experiences, a lovely woman helped me, and even offered to call Paris for an agenda que je cherche...

Any thoughts on if I would look crazy with a bright Lagon cahier Ulysse? Should I go for something more neutral, like Etoupe (another great color)? I know, this isn't the thread...just thinking aloud...

About 2 weeks ago, I went to Hermes store in Manhasset Mall. I was looking for Kelly double tour bracelet in orange. I didn't find one on display. The SA came up and asked if she can help me. When I told her what i was looking for, she brough 2 bracelets from the back: one in black leather and one in pink suede. I told her I always wanted one in orange to match my bolduc scarf, she offered to call other stores in NYC to check if they have one. I told her not to since i'm going to stop by Madison store anyway. I was already leaving when i noticed new perfume, and SA offered a couple of samples. I was clearly not going to buy anything (and I wasn't dressed for that kind of store ) but the treatment I got in Hermes store was awsome.

I really liked Biarritz, although if I had to pick a town...I would probably pick San Sebastian. It was prettier and felt a bit classier than Biarritz...but I was in B on a holiday, when the only people out were surfers...so that might have made a difference. (I think Spanish people have beautiful taste in clothing, generally).

And Liberté - I always do my homework before I go in...:yes:

Speaking of going in...stopped by H Bordeaux today, and contrary to past experiences, a lovely woman helped me, and even offered to call Paris for an agenda que je cherche...

Any thoughts on if I would look crazy with a bright Lagon cahier Ulysse? Should I go for something more neutral, like Etoupe (another great color)? I know, this isn't the thread...just thinking aloud...

What I liked about the boutique in Biarritz is that it looks so "old-times" on the outside really elegant, I did think that San Sebastian was very elegant and classy too