Treatment in Hermes Stores

^^^ Sorry to hear that. I've always found Bond Street to have the nicest SA's.....I highly doubt it was a skin colour matter as they are on the most expensive shopping street in London and have people from all over the world going into the store.

If you feel that unhappy about it you should make a call to the store and speak to the manager. It could just be that they were busy and you misconstrude that for ignoring you

I used to feel intimidated to go into the H stores but have found that most SAs are there to help you..if one makes me feel 'uncomfortable' then I just try to be friendlier to show her that she really doesn't need to act like that. I always feel that no person is better than another and it's just as easy to be kind to someone as to be mean/snobby.

The Hermes store in Melbourne seems really friendly, the SAs have perfect manners there even if you're not buying. Generally I don't think Australian SAs are snooty at all - we don't have much class consciousness here and if someone was the least bit reserved we would say they're "up themselves" and they wouldn't keep their job long!

I agree with Alidoll about the French lady in the Glasgow H store. She was really lovely and ever so helpful when I went there on Saturday. In London I usually go to the Royal Exchange store, not so large as Bond Street, but good SAs. I also found the SAs in the Pacific Place Hong Kong store to be very friendly too. If an SA was snotty, I would just take my custom elsewhere, but I usually find they open up quite quickly when you start talking with them. I am coming to NYC in the fall, any recommendations for H stores there?

I've had wonderful service from the SAs at the Melbourne Hermes store, they're all well mannered, impecably groomed, soft-spoken and patient when you are considering your purchase. Perhaps our boutique is not as busy as others, so everyone is always well served.

It is lovely to see that the SAs appreciate the fine things on display and they pay meticulous attention to detail.

If you are in Melbourne, ask for Julie (or Julia?). She's delightful.

Good luck!

Lydia Ho at the SF Boutique is a doll. There are two Lydias so ask for Lydia Ho. She always tells me, "Just ask for the Asian Lydia." I can't bring myself to do that - LOL! She does have a sense of humor!!

My home boutique is in Boston and they are the loveliest SA's that I have encountered! I have always been treated well at London Bond Street as well. I've had less than stellar experiences in Beverly Hills and Chicago though - the SA's were slow to assist, and only started acting helpful once they noticed my Lagon Lindy.

I didn't have a great experience at the Manhasset (Long Island) store about a month ago. A friend of mine raved about Madison Ave. though.
I guess it is hit or miss with who you get, and how human they wish to behave?:oh:

Hm.... Any experiences with any SA from Singapore or Malaysia? I am planning my first trip into a Hermes store and it will be nice to ask for a specific SA...

Knowing that she or he is helpful and knowledgeable will definitely put me at ease....

Hi Evelynleetc - I had help from an SA (I think her name was August) in the Pavillion store in KL. She said that she did the buying for the store and was very knowledgeable about the products/leather/colours. She's lovely. The people I talked to in KLCC were very new and I knew more than them just from being on tPF. Jimmy was very nice in the Liat Towers shop in Singapore.

Thanks Bags to Die for...

Ha ha.. I think that I will pay Jimmy a visit the next time I am in Singapore.... (I live just across the causeway)

I'll update all at TPF on my Quest for my first Birkin..... will it arrive before my Birthday??? Ha ha... wish me luck!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Hm.... on second thought... is the waiting list open??? Can I just order the bag to my specification???

My home boutique is in Boston and they are the loveliest SA's that I have encountered! I have always been treated well at London Bond Street as well. I've had less than stellar experiences in Beverly Hills and Chicago though - the SA's were slow to assist, and only started acting helpful once they noticed my Lagon Lindy.
I have had good luck, in Boston, too. Kim is lovely and has called me a few times when she thinks I might like something that they just got in. Unfortunately, I'm only interested in one thing and they have yet to receive it. But I am always hopeful. DJ in Las Vegas and Kelly at SCP have been helpful and have sent items to me...always with a lovely note. There are great SA's out there...just have to hook up with the right ones. I also write notes, directly to the store manager, praising good service. Don't know if this helps, but it can't hurt. I figure everyone loves praise, especially when they sell high ticket items...all the time involved.