Treadmill or Elliptical?

Which one?

1. Elliptical

2. Treadmill

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I'm having a hard a time deciding whether to buy a treadmill or an elliptical machine. Which would you advise me to get?
  2. the elliptical machine helps you to burn so much fat and calories... up to four times more than a treadmill, and you can always go the park and power walk or run...
  3. Elliptical all the way!! I have one and I love it more than anything!
  4. I prefer the treadmill (I love working out while watching TV ...); in my experience, you can "cheat" on an elliptical and ride the momentum a little more than a treadmill.

Plus, when I switched to the treadmill, I noticed a change in muscle tone after about a month ... I didn't notice much of anything after using the elliptical after a couple years. Maybe the problem was the way I was using it though ...
  5. I love the Elliptical!! -- much gentler on your knees than a treadmill. I use the Elliptical in the gym during the week and then run outside on the weekends.
  6. elliptical! you can always go run outside!
  7. Elliptical burns more calories and is easier on the knees.
  8. Have you tried both? I'd try both and figure which one you like more. I think it really depends on the person. For me, I like the elliptical because I don't feel like I'm going to fall like I do when I'm on a treadmill.
  9. I LOVE the elliptical. It burns lots of calories and isn't hard on your joints. It also isn't nearly as boring as the treadmill.
  10. I LOVE my treadmill! The best thing is to find out what you like and will use. I bought an elliptical before and it became an expensive clothing hanger. Get what you will be using regularly.
  11. This is a myth. The same exertion on an elliptical will burn roughly the same amount of calories with the same exertion on a treadmill.
    Still, I like the elliptical as it's lower impact. Plus, this way you get the best of both. Elliptical inside and running outside.
  12. Actually if you've had a knee injury or surgery, there's a possibilty the ellipitical will make your knee hurt. I can't use it and I know several people who say the same thing--their knees hurt even though they've been told it's gentler on the joints. Treadmill for me, but I prefer walking outside if weather permits.
  13. Elliptical!

When I go to the gym I work out on both. I definitely feel the most working on the elliptical though. I use the treadmill because I like to run and it's too dark to run outside when I get home from work.
  14. I love the Elliptical
  15. I vote for the elliptical. We had a neighbor who was a physical therapist and he said that no one should ever run on a treadmill because the rebound will eventually cause injuries (more so than just regular running).