Food Trader Joe's

can someone tell me exactly where trader joe's is in new york city? my friend once told me she bought wine there for $2.99!!!!!!! and said it was around union square but i couldn't find (i walked from 3rd ave. to 8th ave along 14th street to look for it and didn't see)

I had one problem them. I bought their salmon sausage (this was a while ago) and got food poisoning. But, they had a recall on their seafood, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. Hasn't stopped me from shopping there though. I just discovered choco covered sunflower seeds that they carry and now I'm addicted. So many of their own brands are great. Unfortunately, it's pretty far from me now, so I can't go there as much as I used to.

I love Traders Joe!!!

-Marsala Sauce
-Curry Sauce
-Thai Curry Sauce
-Organic spaghetti sauce

-Banana bread mix
-Mochi
-Naan bread
-Thai green beans with sauce (?)
- Spinach lasagna

and on and on and on....

omg... when i was at college in MD i LIVED for these... but now i'm in nyc and the tj's doesn't carry them! it breaks my heart. they are TDF:heart:

I love Trader Joes, I'm obsessed with their mac & cheese, it's sinfully good.
I also love their tiramisu and chocolate gelato and those little chocolate ice cream/brownie bites covered in chocolate....so good!

Their Perogis are really good too, but a bit tricky to make without them falling apart. It took me about 6 tries, but I finally have it - and it's different than the package directions.
I picked up some wonderful frozen marinated ahi tuna there today and grilled that up with some boston lettuce on the side with their new dressing "Champagne Pear with Gorgonzola Cheese." Now THAT was tasty!!!!:drool:

I love their Chicken Chile Lime Burgers! They are so packed with taste. I make them on my cast iron grill and serve them with my homemade chipotle mayo (recipe from recipezaar.com), sliced avocado, tomato, and lettuce. It's so good! It's only 110 calories and like 3 g of fat! I've never made the plunge to try veggie burgers, so this is a great alternative.

I am not a fan of their eggplant parmesan either. Instead, I like to get their eggplant cutlets. You can use those as layers for your own eggplant parm.

I looooooove Trader Joe's... loved them for 15 years now

soynut butter
vanilla icecream (and I usually hate vanilla)
chicken lasagna (best you can buy and make in under 5 minutes)
Indian curries
wasabi crackers

I buy their pot stickers (dumplings) sometimes. Love their cornichons, european sodas, fruit leather. Hate their chocolate. (Its fake- no cocoa mass in it, just artificial flavor and cocoa butter.)